Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Make ketamine craftable and change its metabolisation rate
Wouldnt it be cool if ketamine could be craftable at chemistery, and its metabolisation rate dropped to something low, like 0.2? Now, this would be a bit op, so maybe make the recipe very complicated and yield small amounts of it? This would mean reducing the amount sleepypens get and snoozebuddies put out. Or add sodium thiopental (if im correct, that one knocks you out in 12 secs, so maybe not).
personally, I feel like like ketamine serves a nice niche as a traitor-focused knockout drug and that being able to manufacture it would leave a gap in that niche. Those looking to make knockout drugs without using a sleepy pen have plenty of other options.

That said, would be interesting to move Ketamine into the realm of being a bit more like its real life counterpart, making it more accessible with a slightly different, drug-abuse related use.

Maybe we could rename the sleepy pen/snoozebuddy chem to Fentanyl and make ketamine something else?
(09-19-2019, 08:38 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: personally, I feel like like ketamine serves a nice niche as a traitor-focused knockout drug and that being able to manufacture it would leave a gap in that niche. Those looking to make knockout drugs without using a sleepy pen have plenty of other options.

That said, would be interesting to move Ketamine into the realm of being a bit more like its real life counterpart, making it more accessible with a slightly different, drug-abuse related use.

Maybe we could rename the sleepy pen/snoozebuddy chem to Fentanyl and make ketamine something else?

Well, i was kinda aiming at that knockout centered ketamine. but it would be cool to have a 'ketamine overdose' lets say at 20 or 30 units and like be adicted to it, or maybe a addiction which begins at soimething like 3 units?
I'd like ketamine turning into an abusable drug akin to what urs portrayed. I'm of the opinion that all "recreational" drugs should have a potential use in game, but like in other games they're not purely pro, they come with caveats depending on the severity. Right now, a lot of drugs are just flavortext, there's no actual reason to use them. Nicotine (and other stamina effecting, like meth) and alcohol are the only ones really that give benefit (stamina and punch damage)

Let players experience a k hole , but become utterly immune to damage slowdown. Exceeding threshold is a nite nite for them.
I'd be OK with this, but it would have to be a secret chem. We might want to rename ketamine while we are at it. Something goofy like somnium.
(09-19-2019, 09:39 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: I'd be OK with this, but it would have to be a secret chem. We might want to rename ketamine while we are at it. Something goofy like somnium.

technically, it's still called something like sombutril or somnambutril in the code, the only thing cogs changed during the chem de-magickifying was the name :p
Information 
Ketamine is the chem in the sleepypen? TIL. I always thought it was just some old archaic chem, never bothered to check the monkeys I stabbed.

But yeah, change that chem name to something else (my recommendation is to Nyquil for the laugh) and separate ketamine to be it's own thing.

I wouldn't change the name of ketamine, otherwise you kind of ruin the effect of it being a standalone recreational drug. That's like ambrosia on TG, which was meant to be cannabis but wasn't really, which was lame, until they ported over cannabis. It didn't have the same connotations, you see - it doesnt invoke anything without a recognizable name.
So, considering these changes that were a bit steering from my direction:
In the current code, rename ketamine to etomidate, make it metabolisation rate something like 0.2 or maybe lower and make it craftable, although a very complex recipe.
Make a new chem, ketamine amd make it craftable as well. Now, because this is going to be a recreational drug, its mtb rate is going to be 0.1, since it really needs to be in your system. And, no toxic damage or any other side effects besides psychologycal ones like dropping held items etc... Since ketamine is a very safe drug, that is, unless overdosed, which would be something like 20u, you dont take any toxin damage or pass out.