Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Yorkshire accent (w/trait)
Ey-up, ducks!

For a while I'd been making the idle promise to turn the Yorkshire dialect I was already doing manually on the RP server into a proper, automatic, in-game one. Here it is.

Compare link
See here for trait icon. Thanks, DreamCarver!

Special thanks to Cirr for letting me use some of the parsing code from the Scots patch - this madness would not have been possible without it.

Features:
  • Accent with replacements for 1071 words and extensive fallback parser
  • Random-chance interjections that can be both suffixed and prefixed onto a sentence, without breaking radio speech
  • Bioeffect, confirmed functioning and attainable via genetics
  • And, of course, a trait
Non-Features:
  • Trait icon - I didn't want it to end up in limbo while I sourced a sprite or, God forbid, tried to make one
  • Yorkshire puddings that give you the accent when you eat them - Ditto
Examples of the accent in action:
From Wikipedia
[Image: v1SnGBQ.png]

A Tale of Two Cities
[Image: G14KNDH.png]

The FitnessGram Pacer Test
[Image: jQJRIJ8.png]
Horrifying and functional. I love it.
good shout
Ah finally, a little bit far to the east for my taste but nottheless better than chav for a brit.
I love it!
Fantastic work, although I think the word you were looking for in msgLose was "subsides" rather than "abides". Other than that, love the patch.
(09-18-2019, 03:38 PM)Cyclical Wrote: Fantastic work, although I think the word you were looking for in msgLose was "subsides" rather than "abides". Other than that, love the patch.

You're quite right. Bioeffect now has a whole new msgLose.
I made you a trait icon.
https://puu.sh/EjR0M/b4b4066b32.dmi
Sorry it has to be given to you this way, but whatcha do.

Preview for those not wanting a download:
[Image: 7a4ec01f19.png]
can i give this a +100? this is wonderful and would make a fine addition to the roster of accents
I promised I wouldn't fiddle with it any more but er
That was more an idea

Added some new words, updated the parser with some new and nicer stuff, all tested and seems to work fine! See the deets on the parser at this commit, and the low-down on the wordlist at this commit. I swear that's it. I'm done
merged. Icon went missing so I can accept that later if its reuploaded

also it has a few compile errors! i fixed them on merge