Drago156's HoS App (finally!)
Fine, it's a no. He takes things too personally when it comes to security.
Nooo.
in retrospect, it's kind of insanity if Drago doesn't get HoS. it's something I've been wringing my head around for some time- are there all time ten better security players than drago?

i think they're intelligent enough to learn how to communicate in groups properly. a lot of the issues listed here are my issues as well- people are allowed to take things too personally.

leading a team is something that'd come with time, but if drago's denied, an important question arises for future apps- does it actually matter how /good/ someone is at security, or does being nice enough throughout a certain amount of hours automatically qualify someone?

i guess the definition of what's /good/ is different now, but it's not like Drago's stuck in 2012. he's more than cognizant of his prior misdoings (which just meant you were good at the game once upon a time). could he be a dick? sure, yeah, that could be an issue- but personality issues if the player's intelligent enough have a 1:1 ratio of being amended. i was a major dick for a long time before i realized it.

you don't always have to like the authority that often acts as the last line of defense against the station. you always will respect it though- and how many heads of securities would be more respected than drago immediately? two? three? how many are active?

if there was ever a player to say alright, let's give him a flier, it's drago. the worst that could happen is he gets de bereted in a month. i'd bet my own purple and HoS status + a year ban that he never gets debereted however. his EQ will develop, his empathy's already there, he just needs to be a little more cognizant that it's a fucking spaceman game and not to be a dick to others at times. he, of all people, will figure it out.

If we don't reward excellent security play, what gets rewarded? You can always improve on personality- and if not, the easiest remedy is to deberet. We've had a lot more mentors lose mentor, gain mentor again, and then lose it again than people lose HoS. However- you can't improve an incredibly adept attention to detail like Drago has & you can't improve on actually caring about what happens in the round. If I were to apply for HoS today based on what's newly considered acceptable, would I make it?

tl;dr, he's good, very good, and has the capacity to improve. it'd be highway robbery for drago not to be bereted. i'm willing to give up my own to get him it
I am actually going to step foward and say that, despite some rocky experiences, I do genuinely believe that he's fit for the position. And like OMJ said, the worst that could happen would be he gets deberetted in a month or less. However, I am inclined to put trust into them. Toss em the beret.
Getting debereted almost never actually happens. If a HOS gets debereted, it means they've commited a major breach of trust and screwed up really, really badly.

Do I think Drago would do that? No. He's been here long enough that he knows how to play by the rules, and when to push and not push his luck.

Do I think he would nonetheless be an absolutely fucking horrible HOS who would make every round under his rule an absolute chore to play? Absolutely yes.

Denying this current application and going 'maybe later' is by far the kinder option than giving them a chance and retracting it later.
I feel like it's a bad idea to give somebody HoS in the hopes that their bad behavior improves when they get it. They should show that their bad behavior is in the past before being given HoS. HoS isn't about being the most robust spaceman and winning every round, and if you can't at least satisfactorily meet the other criteria for the job, you shouldn't get it because people are pretty sure you'll do better once you do.
I think I'd like this app to just be denied before this spurs into some sort of argument or something happens.

Sorry OMJ, but it's pretty clear not many people trust me to be HoS and I'd rather not have anyone getting on bad terms on one another over this.
(10-02-2019, 06:47 PM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: I feel like it's a bad idea to give somebody HoS in the hopes that their bad behavior improves when they get it. They should show that their bad behavior is in the past before being given HoS. HoS isn't about being the most robust spaceman and winning every round, and if you can't at least satisfactorily meet the other criteria for the job, you shouldn't get it because people are pretty sure you'll do better once you do.

people are judging drago based off of his behaviors when that was normal & accepted behavior, in the rounds I've played with them in security in 2019 they've been the absolute furthest thing from that
I feel like it should be noted that Drago hasn't been trying to justify shitty behavior or actions or whatever, rather he acknowledged them and has said that he wants to do better. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt in the sense that there's been enough personal accounts of problems with his previous play style that being considerate of others would be fairly foremost in his mind while playing HOS.

I've played a couple rounds with him recently as sec, and he's been a strong player and I didn't see anything that made me uncertain of his attitude to other players. Nor can I personally remember any times where he's slighted me in a particular way. So yeah, +1 from me, I'm willing to think that Drago would take the concerns of this post into account if given the beret.
I've personally never had any bad experiences with Drago. I hadn't seen him play security much before this application was posted, but he has been playing more lately and I've seen him playing sec quite often. I haven't played as sec at the same time as him so I can't speak for that, but he's looked good from the outside. There was a rev round earlier today and they looked well organised. Another round had a beefed up wrestler that took several officers working together to beat down. I'm not sure if it was his doing directly, but he was apart of it and the HoS both times.

I haven't seen how he deals with newer players being antag and catching them, which is the most important part of an HoS to me, but I believe what he's said in his app; he never struck me as a player that would be heavy handed.

I like it when there's an HoS, and Drago is a robust player. I think he'd be a good match.

Cute clown smile
Drago's alright in my book, I can't recall him doing something that excessively angered me.
As someone that is still relatively new to the server i can't speak for how Drago used to play, but i personally like having him around as my colleague when playing secoff. I can't recall any interactions i've had with him, or seen him have with others, that would disqualify him from being a HoS. So for me it's a +1.
Im a fan of Drago. They are robust and know what their doing and I think with the added and acknowledged responsibility of HoS he would stick that standard. Yes.
Since it seems like you genuinely want to improve I'll give you a +1 instead.

I just want you to keep "fun" in mind during your decision making.