Drago156's HoS App (finally!)
Usual Character Name: Drago Kitterson (2) and Frex Lutlie (1)
BYOND Username: Drago156
Recommended by (if applicable): (Too many to remember/list at this point)
Goon servers you play: I mostly play on 2 but I’ve considered getting into 1 again eventually

Reason for application: I find that large Security teams often lose track of focus without a HoS to help guide them through the mess that is the station and crimers. As HoS I would promote non-lethal measures such as brigging or simply searching someone over lynch mobs and abduction. I would also encourage security officers to uphold the law without violating the rights of crimers or any other personnel. I would support the use of the ticket system instead of brigging every would be criminal. I’ve also been asked a dozen or so times why I’m not a HoS yet.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I have played security since late 2016 off and on, and I’m a generally robust person. I’ve rallied together security teams to tackle larger threats such as lings, blobs, and nuclear operatives but I’ve also managed to take on smaller threats such as traitors and vampires on my own using the tools provided to security. Through my years playing I have observed the evolution of Security and how it has gone from frowned upon by the general player base to trusted and reliable and wish to only continue that upward trend of positivity. I’ve also seen many people climb through the chaos that is Security and become HoS, and thus observed their methods to see what works and what doesn’t and how people have reacted to these ways. Through the knowledge I have gained through my time and experiences as a player and security officer, I would teach beginning and learning security players how to be a successful security officer and how to improve as a security officer. I would also encourage those on the security team to use the ticket and fine system to avoid overcomplicated and time-consuming arrests and briggings, as well as ask the crew to openly report crimes should they see them happen. I would also bring to the table access to the armory that sometimes security could really need but normally wouldn’t have the ability to open, and if absolute need be, even the standard crew could be armed for the protection of the station and in defense of NT assets. I’ve done all sorts of crazy stuff as a security officer as well such as taking down a number of varied antags and miscreants, taught new players how the systems of security work, and even destroyed an otherwise un-destroyable entity that was taking over space with only 1 casulty, of which was myself.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?
I would advice other sec players that sometimes letting crimers slip from your grasp isn’t always a bad thing since perhaps there could be a bigger threat to the station to be dealt with. Along with that I would say that not every crime should be met with brigging or force, the ticket and fine system exists and works wonderfully.
What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
I think having a notification system linked to some of the more important areas that notifies security and command when someone is hacking or breaking a door to some places like Armory, Bridge, or AI areas could be helpful for identifying crimers that would normally get away with breaking into these important areas and potentially spin the round around.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
Draw a picture!
 https://imgur.com/a/TVQ7M8Z
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I once bribed Readster to ban me.
Drago is a pretty good sec team member and would only bring good as a Hos.

Also

(09-17-2019, 06:29 PM)Drago156 Wrote: Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I once bribed Readster to ban me.

If I could give +2 I would.
(I haven't played on the RP server, so I can't speak to how Drago is there.)

I've almost never seen Drago playing as a security officer, they typically play as HoP but play it like a sec. My experiences with Drago playing secHoP have been very negative, my memory of them is them making glasses of hellchemicals to throw at antags or rushing telescience zones to get guns to shoot antags or that one time they strapped a TTV to their back and blew it up to kill a werewolf (killing some other random player and myself too).

All of these examples are from several months back, and they're all from when they were playing HoP. I haven't seem them playing very often recently (though this could be timezones) If them playing HoP is indicative of how they'd play as HoS, I think this isn't good behavior. If it's not, I haven't seen them play security proper and I don't think they've played enough security recently.

I would support this application if Drago played more security and was good and fun when playing sec. It's difficult to judge How Good At Sec they are (at least with my experience with them on Main) because they almost never play sec, but I've had mostly negative experiences when they played HoP as if they were sec. I think they for sure have the mechanical experience necessary for the role but I personally don't trust them with the HoS role yet. Like I said, I want to see them play sec more. No from me.
the sec hop stuff is trash as fuck and you deff have a powergamey history but i think that you’d be more than cognizant of knowing to cut that shit out as a HoS. i think you have the EQ for it. I’ve been a cop with you plenty of times and never had a bad experience, but, like, it’s different I guess. +1 from me, I trust you won’t be dogshit with the red hat.

I think drago’s communication is underrated as well. No reason from me to believe that they wouldn’t grow into a good HoS.

But yeah flaborized never told a lie-play to win behavior won’t cut it as a red hat bearer (i know, weird coming from me). Gotta pull your punches and be mindful of other people’s experiences.
Drago's a neeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrd but I have seen him pull his punches as sec. It can be difficult sometimes I think but I've seen it(and managing through hard things is a positive even if you don't do it perfect in my book).

And we do have people on the HoS list that are more on the brutal end. And people could stand to occasionally be shot to death by a HoS when they're being super shit. Keeps them on their toes.

I dunno, it feels strange since I don't agree with Drago's playstyle by and large-we just do things different. But I think this could work out. Vote in favor from me.
I'll second OMJ's response. Sec-HoP is an issue, but when I see you as actual security i've never had a problem. I think once you read through these responses not only will you be a good HoS, but probably a better player overall. You're a damn good cop as security, and youll be a good HoS. +1
I suppose I have been pretty shit with my overall playstyle, I'm definitely going to take some of this to mind from now on when I play. I do wish to apologize about the shittiness of my actions in the past and hope to correct them.
(09-21-2019, 11:11 AM)Drago156 Wrote: I suppose I have been pretty shit with my overall playstyle, I'm definitely going to take some of this to mind from now on when I play. I do wish to apologize about the shittiness of my actions in the past and hope to correct them.
nah u good it’s just that what’s like considered shitty has changed very quietly as the server’s moved towards a sandboxxy style over a king of the hill type deal. i prefer the latter but it is what it is
I'm gonna second Flaborized here. I haven't seen Drago playing much as of late, and in general haven't really seen them as sec. From what I remember, they were usually a HoP who took it upon themselves to do sec stuff, often not in a very fun or collaborative way. They're competent and knowledgeable, but I'd like Heads of Security to also show that they're good with stuff like working with officers and knowing how to direct the round in a fun way.

Also like Flab, if I see Drago playing more, and actually playing the security officer role and being good and fun with it, I'd support this app.
Drago is certainly one of the most robust players to be playing right now and I can't recall having had a round with him where he was unpleasant or I felt he was too power-gamey for me to have fun. Though that could partially be that I already know he's not someone to mess with unless I want to give it 100%.

Some have said that they think he needs to play more sec right now in order to vote "Yes", I don't know why that is. I think Drago has been less active recently than he has in the past or has come back recently, but there is no requirement that an HoS applicant has to be maining Security Officer at the time of application. And he has certainly played enough of Sec Officer and Command for him to know how the HoS should act and for people who know his name to be able to form an opinion about how he will play as HoS.

As far as his playing Sec-HoP. I can understand why people don't like that playstyle, but I think that has very little bearing on one's application for HoS. Since Sec HoP could have been a traitor at that time, or just been more flippant about space law than a security officer or HoS would be. That said, those incidents that Flaborized brought up of him doing damage to the station and suicide bombing in trying to kill antags is unfortunate, but they were a good while ago and I think he as any HoS knows that doing such things as an HoS is inappropriate in all but the most extreme circumstances.

I vote yes.
I'm definitely seconding Flaborized as well. I can't think of a positive interaction I've had with Draigo, but can think of plenty of incredibly annoying SecHoP instances.

I also don't think I've seen him in game at all recently, and for sure not as Security. Maybe it's a case of mismatched time zones, but I just don't have any reason to support this and plenty of reason to be uncomfortable with the idea.
After seeing Drago actually play as sec, I can say for certain that he does not have the right temperament to be HOS. He takes matters incredibly personally, throws around his experience to overrule other sec officers, and spends most rounds feuding non-stop with whichever player he's decided to pick a bone with that particular round. His experience and competence are unquestioned, but why does he want to become a team leader when he can barely tolerate working alongside other people on most rounds?
Have only heard bad things tbh
(09-28-2019, 09:52 PM)Hokie Wrote: Have only heard bad things tbh

Not to sound rude, but that seems like neither a "yes" or a "no", and more just like a very off-hand comment. If you've heard only bad things could you elaborate on them please to at least further the discussion?
(09-28-2019, 12:11 AM)Roomba Wrote: After seeing Drago actually play as sec, I can say for certain that he does not have the right temperament to be HOS. He takes matters incredibly personally, throws around his experience to overrule other sec officers, and spends most rounds feuding non-stop with whichever player he's decided to pick a bone with that particular round. His experience and competence are unquestioned, but why does he want to become a team leader when he can barely tolerate working alongside other people on most rounds?

i’ve never seen this behavior from drago but I also haven’t played with him as a random name. this is garbage behavior and definitely not HoS material in the spaceman game. just gonna abstain from voting now if this is true.

soft skills are important to have and the rest of the thread is a glaring indication drago’s lacking of them. security competence is one thing, yeah, but soft skills are equally as important.