Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QOL shift+click into open inventory.
Heart 
The general idea is: If there's an item on the ground, on your body, or in your hand and you shift+click the item with a storage inventory open (i.e. backpack, toolbox, toolbelt, box, etc.) the item will automatically enter the inventory without having to make two unintuitive clicks.

-------

Just in case there's an item that would be too abusable to shift+click into a storage item, there could always be a few blacklisted items that have delays.
I'm not so sure about this.

For one thing, I don't see how the actions of "click item on floor to put in hand" then "click storage to place held item inside" is unintuitive at all. 

I think that making this change might be okay, but I wouldn't call it more intuitive than that. But it still has the issue of how does the item know which slot you want to put it in?

If you're holding a toolbox, wearing a toolbelt, have open pockets, and wearing a backpack; and you pick up a screwdriver, how does it decide the best place to put it? The solution would either be to just rank storage objects by which to put in first, or do some ridiculous amount of logic for putting the right item in the right area. The latter would be nearly impossible. The former could work, but this means thst this change is more about adding a shortcut than making it easier.

Edit: missed the part there about only entering the open inventory. That does work good, better than the way I thought of. But the rest stands I think.
As an aside; when I first read the title, I thought that you were suggesting being able to open up the storage object on the ground with shift click instead of click drag to self. I like that, but instead of shift, make it alt. Same for the actual suggestion too. Shift isn't good for it because that is the sprint button on notmal controls.
Personally I think the quality of life on the station is too high. Spacelife is spacepain, and while I suppose the game should be technically playable by people, the mechanics should reflect that.