Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Purchasing Tablet
since most folks don't want to bother hiking over to QM here would be a tool that lets the QM come to you! useful if there's an extra QM who has nothing to do

it's a tablet computer that looks suspiciously like a clipboard until there's an actual sprite for it

using it in hand brings up the Requests Computer Interface, the only difference between it and the real thing being: it's portable, and it any requests it parses come up as "Requested by QM Tablet" or something official sounding like that

The extra QM makes their rounds, goes to medbay and says "hey need any drugs?" Puts in an order for a medical crate, hands over the tablet so the doctor can swipe their ID and add some $$$ to the shipping budget, yay
I think that would work better inside QM pdas, that'd be a super useful pda app. Could make it able to transfer money both to and from the shipping budget to a card too.
Please god yes. Only having one QM computer is a pain when there's lots of people on, and being able to take orders on the go would be great.
Make it a program on the QM cart, so enterprising RDs/doctors/whatever could load up on the program without trying to teach a QM how to send it to them from their PDA.

Also a card swiping scanner mode would be killer.
Cogwerks Wrote:I think that would work better inside QM pdas, that'd be a super useful pda app. Could make it able to transfer money both to and from the shipping budget to a card too.
Would you be able to order spec ops crates with it if the console is emagged?
If emagged it takes the cash from whoever swiped it and stores it in the QM's card.
[Image: RIZVrQY.gif]
Made a basic 32x32 sprite for what it could look like.
That's a sweet sprite man. I'd love the ability to buy high-tech Tablet PDAs like that, maybe they can store multiple carts, or whatever.

Also, holy shit yes why hasn't this been a feature forever
Weavel Wrote:That's a sweet sprite man. I'd love the ability to buy high-tech Tablet PDAs like that, maybe they can store multiple carts, or whatever.

Also, holy shit yes why hasn't this been a feature forever
Thanks. I like the Idea of multi carts. Though I am sure you can technically just copy each carts functions onto your PDA right now to achieve the same effect however that's a massive pain.
oh man i can't wait to buy ebooks on my tablet in a 2D spaceman game.

this sounds cool.
oh hey that's a cool idea

awhile back a bunch of folks wrote up fake newspaper and magazine articles & postings for a project, the idea being each round a random selection of them would appear around the station each round as a sort of fun atmospheric things. guess nothing really happened with that but it seems like it'd be super easy to make them a pda/tablet thing

don't wanna get too bogged down in feature bloat though, a tablet hardcoded to the QM function has the advantage of being super easy to code, just a matter of cutting & pasting the original supply request computer stuff into a new obj