[Feature] Figurine Carrying Case
From this thread: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12885

- Adds figurine carrying case

- Sprites by Studenterhue <3

prpr: UM-018
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/157

dmi:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/6.../items.dmi
I am Studenterhue, and I approve this patch.

Seriously though, there's some nice attention to detail here, like how the case closes itself if you throw it while filling it, even though there's no reason to do so in-game, and how there's room for 30 figurines in the case, matching the 30 slots shown in the sprite. (Which is a neat little coincidence. I didn't consciously draw 30 slots, I just thought that design looked better than having them border the edge of the box.)
(09-16-2019, 02:24 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: I am Studenterhue, and I approve this patch.

Seriously though, there's some nice attention to detail here, like how the case closes itself if you throw it while filling it, even though there's no reason to do so in-game, and how there's room for 30 figurines in the case, matching the 30 slots shown in the sprite. (Which is a neat little coincidence. I didn't consciously draw 30 slots, I just thought that design looked better than having them border the edge of the box.)

i counted the number of slots in the sprite heh.

I was gonna sprite an overlay to fill in with each figurine but that would mean doing 30 sprites and that seemed... excessive
Reviving this patch thread (almost two months old whew) to bring an attempt at in-hand sprites. They're not exactly required, but I figured I'd it a go.

[Image: nmzZhjb.png]
(Assuming I haven't mixed these up)
North/South
Left hand, facing west, facing east
Right hand, facing east, facing west

Based these off of the briefcase in-hands, which are a little weird. They have different sets for left and right hands (which is completely normal), but the north and south (front and back, when you'd see the case from the side and maybe a little bit of the top) sprites for both are like duplicates of each other. That's basically why it's the same case with these in-hands.
Is there any way to have the figurine case stack only figurines of the initial type you grabbed? The fastest way to get a lot of figurines is to pile all the capsules on one tile and de-capsule them on another and make a stack of figurines. Being able to collect only the type you grab would allow for easy mass sorting.

EDIT: Your sprites look gorgeous by the way. It makes me want to learn how to do pixel art better.
Oh wow this is lovely!

+1, add this to the game (maybe as a purchase from card machines? QM?)
I have split out the dmi to make this patch easier to merge
I like this. I might actually interact with figurines with this around.
Added this. You can buy the case from the capsule vending machine for 500 credits.

I took a few liberties with the implementation.