Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brain Inna Jar
Roboticist object craftable similarly to AI shells. Jar Frame plus AI interface, and glass for the tank. Allows the brain to speak and deploy to shells under AI laws. Would be much cheaper than a full AI, and faster to pluck a brain in or out. Could be used for interrogations, remote access borgs, maybe some kind of control over medbay, fire, floor ect. robots within a certain range.It would also be nice if it could help the AI in some way, maybe with some sort of helper functionality for AIs to connect into the camera network and look around.

Alternative idea, some kind of brain auto-harvester that very slowly removes brains and dunks them into construable tanks. Emagging makes it a lot faster. Robotics can be a bit of slog when it comes to putting together borgs, debraining, limb adding AND trying to help the borgs. Brainscooper would help.
Something like this has been in the code for ages, but it's never been finalized into an actually buildable thing.

I'd love to see them getting fully implemented, mostly so I can have a temporary 'body' to quickly slap brains in while I make a proper borg, as well as checking whether they can/want to be borged.
Make the remote functionalities optional and have the most basic setup just be a floating brain in a jar with a synthetic voice interface to be able to talk.
An upgrade that gives it little arachnoid metalic legs to move around, and various chips you can add to customize the jar with different AI functionalities.

I want to see a brain in jar spider, formerly MD, give instructions to new medical staff performing their first surgeries, or a formerly RD brain in jar spider verbally assist a new scientist through an adventure zone.

If you're cheap, you can just buckle the legless jar to a wheelchair (fortunately they have an interface), be wary of stairs though.