Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Adhesive
[Image: 4vHJlUo.png]Adhesive [Image: 4vHJlUo.png]
As we all know, lubricants, both the stock and organic varieties, are commonplace aboard your average space station. This begs the question, where is the adhesive? Did Nanotrasen officials seal away all of the glue in fear that crew members might attempt to eat it? Probably. But this changes today!

Adhesive is a new chem created by combining equal parts Acetic Acid + Corn Syrup + Water, and then exposing them to heat. Adhesive can also be found in glue bottles, located in office supply lockers littered around the station. 

When adhesive is applied to an object, it takes on the property of a sticker. Once placed, the object can not be moved or picked up, but will revert back into the original object when exposed to acetone. When applied to a person, the adhesive temporarily reduces their movement speed; adhesive applied to floor-tiles creates a "lube-like" effect that temporarily slows people who walk over them.

I envision several uses for this chem:
  1. Flyers: Applying the adhesive to paper would allow crew members to stick the paper to walls/floor-tiles/crew. I could see this being useful for RP situations, advertising and ticketing in particular. 
  2. Room Design: Gluing objects like glasses and food allow Chefs to decorate the Bar without fear of rowdy crew and ants from making a mess of things.
  3. Clowning: Take the Captain's Spare ID and glue it to the floor, laugh as crewmembers attempt to pick it up. Glue all of the surgical tools to the floor in the Operating Theater and revel in the chaos you've created. Create glue traps and lead Security into them to slow them down.
  4. Mischief: Add some adhesive to your chem mix to slow your victims down, preventing them from leaving your smoke clouds. 
I feel like there should be both regular glue, equivalent to Elmer's glue, as well as super glue. Trying to pick something up that's glued to the floor with regular ol' glue should take a few seconds, but should be near-impossible with super glue.

I love this idea. There's a whole host of shenanigans that could be pulled off with glue, like gluing your jumpsuit to yourself to make it impossible to take off, or supergluing clown shoes to someone's feet, or loading glue into the buffer to coat the floor in glue.

Oh my god yes.
If you get splashed with glue and it dries, you should be able to peel it off and gross out your friends.
This also could lead to some funny shit such as picking up a coated item being stuck to your hand.
I feel like this would be a neat addition that'd bring some interesting game play, especially since it already has mentioned a solvent to remove that glue status.
Yeah, being able to make it so that if you interact with an item, you get stuck on it, would be fantastic. Acetone and other solvents and acids would remove regular ol' glue, but you'd need acid or some toxic shit to remove super glue (and super glue would not be easy to come by whatsoever, probably would be a secret chem and/or a traitor item for clowns, engineers, and maybe a few others.)
But can assistants get high off it?
(09-16-2019, 08:23 PM)OverlyGeneric Wrote: But can assistants get high off it?

Absolutely. Whiffing glue should get you very high, but should roll a low chance to immediately deal a fuckton of OXY and BRAIN damage. Superglue is more potent!

also a suicide where you inhale the glue itself, filling your lungs with glue, would be hilarious
(09-17-2019, 05:57 AM)aft2001 Wrote:

Absolutely. Whiffing glue should get you very high, but should roll a low chance to immediately deal a fuckton of OXY and BRAIN damage. Superglue is more potent!

Should be like dabbing, only assistants and clowns can do it.
(09-17-2019, 05:57 AM)aft2001 Wrote:

also a suicide where you inhale the glue itself, filling your lungs with glue, would be hilarious

I thought about the potential for inhaling the glue and ingesting it for various effects. Perhaps foaming the adhesive creates the sticky floor effect mentioned in the original post, while adding it into a smoke powder creates clouds that can be inhaled?

As for eating the glue, maybe using a spoon on a container of glue would let you eat it.

(09-15-2019, 10:24 AM)Slacker Magician Wrote: This also could lead to some funny shit such as picking up a coated item being stuck to your hand.
I feel like this would be a neat addition that'd bring some interesting game play, especially since it already has mentioned a solvent to remove that glue status.

The inability to drop items covered in glue, even temporarily, could lead to some fun shenanigans. One that comes to mind is coating a grenade in glue, tossing it at a crew member, and then laughing as they attempt to throw it back at you.
This seems like it'd be really neat, but potentially really abusable for antags. I like it. I feel like if someone tries to remove an item super glued to your hand it should probably disarm you at the same time.