Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
Content Filter In Chat Options
Potentially, you could just have it user controlled.

Just let a player highlight parts they don't like, and add it to their personal filter
(09-15-2019, 07:16 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Potentially, you could just have it user controlled.

Just let a player highlight parts they don't like, and add it to their personal filter

while this definitely seems a little more annoying to code than a universal filter, i think this is the best option.

also like most people in this thread, i personally don't get unnerved by any messages (i haven't seen the strych or whatever messages however), but see no downside to some kind of filter, and i'm not sure why a few people seem against it given it doesn't effect them.
(09-15-2019, 07:16 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Potentially, you could just have it user controlled.

This, pretty much. Dunno how it'd be coded either (maybe it'd be use the code for highlighting certain strings, but with black highlighting instead?), but having it player-imposed would neatly sidestep all the touchy censorship issues and the personal and societal differences in what's icky enough to restrict.
+1 good idea