Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wraiths animating ice cubes traps you
Title, basically. I'd taken a cryoxy/crysto pill to heal, and as I was breaking out of the ice cube the wraith animated the ice, and once it was dead I was completely trapped & unable to move or break out of the cube.
Could others punch you out?
I can't be completely sure but I think you would have been able to break out of you waited a bit more. I haven't checked the code yet but from what I've seen I believe there's a free seconds of delay between a living object dying and it reverting to the regular non-living object. When that happens you should be able to break out as usual.
I attempted punching her out of it - clicking the ice cube did nothing

It was several seconds until an admin manually moved her out of it.
Alright, I tested it. Here's how it is: It's actually similar to the bug as when someone shoves your ice cube into a piece of artlab equipment and you can't get out after if you break out of the cube while inside.

If you are in an ice cube and the cube gets animated you can just wait until your buddies kill the cube. It will be a dead Living Ice Cube for several seconds and then it'll revert to your original ice cube and you can break out.

However, if you break out while it's animated bad things happen. When the Living Ice Cube object got created it remembered that it holds the ice cube. But then you just had to break the damn ice cube so when it dies it doesn't know what to spawn as the original object as it doesn't exist.
Ah, yeah, I believe I'd broken out just after the ice cubed became animated, leading to the second situation that pali describes.