Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal for ahead banned by magic mountain
My IRC/Discord Username: ahead
Date and time of the ban: 2019 10th of september
Who banned me: magic mountains (according to War C. Rhymes)
Message given in the kick, if present: unknown
Summary of events leading up to the ban
The conversation took place in:"#art", some person was angry about a certain individual.
I made a remark that goes a little something like this:"Punch shit, for no reason, be a they/them!".
I didn't feel comfortable one bit saying:"Be a man!" to a person who specified that they are a they/them, and i thought that replacing "man" with "they/them" would be funny.
The remark i made, i tried to make similar to one of the tgstation's ingame contraband posters, the "Punch shit" one to be exact, the description of which is:"Fight things for no reason, like a man!".
My memory of it was a bit fuzzy regarding the finer detailf of it, so my remark deviated from the original.
Minutes later, i get pinged by one of the administrators, asking what did i mean by that remark, i described to him in a casual manner that i did not feel comfortable saying:"Be a man!" to a person who specified themselves as "they/them".
I presume by "they/them" that person meant that they do not identify as a "he" or "she" as if it was the case that that specified individual wanted nobody to know what gender they were, they would have not specified anything.
Minutes later, there is a discussion about a more suitable alternative to "Be a man" for people who do not identify as "he", i understand that i need to explain myself a bit more and that i might be a in trouble, and explain the same subject but with the additional explanation that that remark was made to be similar to tgstation's in game contraband poster "Punch shit", unfortunately i do not have any memory of the events after that explanation, but i remember replying to the administrator one more time, before going offline, after checking my discord i found out that i was in fact, banned.
Why I should be unbanned
I think that my remark was misunderstood, and taken for an insult, which it never meant to be one, just a silly reference with some comedical value, based on the current circumstances and the person who i was talking to.
Note:
I apologise to the administrator with the nickname of:"War C.Rhymes" as i originally  mistook him for the person banning me at first.
I also would like to remark that i am grateful to the same administrator for specifying who actually banned me.

If i get this ban lifted but get my forum banned for shitposting, than this would be truly great
i did read the "be a they/them" as a sarcastic insult, which is why i asked. everything after that confirmed what i thought at first and so i decided to punt you. im really tired and about to sleep right now but i will talk about this more later.
whatever man

when you're in the mood to talk more, please explain what exactly confirmed the opposite of my explanation here.

again, it was just a joke, after the first reply as i slowly realised that you were in fact not just chit chatting with me but instead interrogating me, i paniked i wrote an even more stupid reply.
there's nothing really to explain, it was just my interpretation. it seemed like an insult that you tried to excuse when it drew attention. i asked several other admins who were around at the time to take a look at it and make sure i wasn't just being biased and everyone else thought the same.

still, i could be wrong, and believe it or not i don't like to ban people or call them liars. i'll lift this, there's no way to prove a feeling.