Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build-able Conveyor Belts and Configurable Y Junction Pipes
Turn SS13 into factorio, today!

For real though. As far as I know, there isn't a way to fix or replace destroyed belts if any of them are lost in an explosion. making QM Hell during a Syndie attack or just during a general round if there was an explosion or a meteor shower or something. This was also an issue back when the construction game mode was a thing since we couldn't automate anything. 

Y Junction Pipe:

Sum Gai on discord was complaining about the Y junction pipes always outputting the same way no matter what direction you set it to. My thoughts? Make it so it has a little arrow on the top of it, you hit it with a tool (Say a wrench for example) and when you said tool on on Y junction, it changes the little arrow on the top of the pipe showing what direction the items go, and it goes that direction.
(09-16-2019, 11:50 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote: Turn SS13 into factorio, today!

For real though. As far as I know, there isn't a way to fix or replace destroyed belts if any of them are lost in an explosion. making QM Hell during a Syndie attack or just during a general round if there was an explosion or a meteor shower or something. This was also an issue back when the construction game mode was a thing since we couldn't automate anything. 

I did query this on the Discord and someone mentioned that conveyor belts are "Code Hell". I'm sure if that wasn't true we'd already be able to build them.

(09-16-2019, 11:50 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote: Y Junction Pipe:

Sum Gai on discord was complaining about the Y junction pipes always outputting the same way no matter what direction you set it to. My thoughts? Make it so it has a little arrow on the top of it, you hit it with a tool (Say a wrench for example) and when you said tool on on Y junction, it changes the little arrow on the top of the pipe showing what direction the items go, and it goes that direction.

Funnily enough I was literally trying to do this yesterday, being new to disposals.

I even mentorhelped how to change the arrow on the Y Pipe. Freaky.... Either way this should really be a thing however I'm sure there's some code hell reason here too as to why It's not a thing and why we have 2 different pipe types for this.
(09-17-2019, 01:50 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: I did query this on the Discord and someone mentioned that conveyor belts are "Code Hell". I'm sure if that wasn't true we'd already be able to build them.

Odd. There's this weird admin spawn item called an engineer in a box that does exactly this - it spawns conveyor belts. I can't recall now if these belts are actually togglable (word pending in oxford dictionary) but the ability to make them is there.
Aside from this, other servers can build conveyor belts no issue. An example I'd see when lurking on r/SS13 is a food conveyor, which always looks fun. Or a prison threadmill which causes prisoners to constantly run...with cuffs on. Not so fun but hey, innovation in SS13 is rarely moral.

The Y pipe seems like good fun. It.. exists in a certain capacity AFAIK - the loafer has a filter function whether the person going in is alive/human and will spit it back into a separate pipe if true.
(09-17-2019, 02:39 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 01:50 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: I did query this on the Discord and someone mentioned that conveyor belts are "Code Hell". I'm sure if that wasn't true we'd already be able to build them.
Or a prison threadmill which causes prisoners to constantly run...with cuffs on.

Holy shit this has just given me a devilish idea that I'm going to attempt next antag I get!