Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire strength
Currently, vampires are silly OP

- they need to eat only two people to have both mist form and cloak of darkness
- their bats are instant-stun, take ages to kill, do stupid amounts of damage and there are too many of them

- he can also auto-stun someone at the start now like a changeling

Quick fixes:

- lower the blood-drain rate or raise the qualifications for vampire powers
- make Batt Pharr only create a single bat, or just nerf how they can stun you and home in and never die and there are six thousand of them after 20 minutes jesus christ fuck
No one said this game was fair.

It's purposely stacked towards the antagonists to give them a decent chance, and so they actually pose a threat to the crew.
Yes but it's disproportionate to the other antagonists
vampires can currently get to full power on about three or four people, or if they fuck about in chemistry they don't even have to eat anyone at all.
They can go through walls and create super-potent mobs and be invisible all round and repair their wounds for free AND get a free re-disguise AND get mindslave eqivalents AND give people incurable eventual death

this costs less than a person's wealth in blood to do any of these things, sometimes not even costing a thing, where as poor changelings have to work hard to be super-obvious when repairing their damage.

it's not like I was complaining about how a csword does lots of damage; I think traitor, changeling etc. are genuinely well-ballanced. However currently there's a guy in game saying that he got 1000 blood in 20 minutes; it's a bit much when you get the ability to be an invisible insubstantial uncatchable mob-spawning monster that fast
the eye flashing thing probably shouldn't work through sunglasses/welding helmets, security would last a bit longer and people could take protective measures if word got out that there was a vampire-- the ideal being by that point the vamp has enough cool shit to make glare redundant

I dunno if bats are OP, afiak borgs can attack them with impunity? and two humans working together can take them down, just let one focus on attacking you and your buddy takes the opportunity to run up and hit it with a welder
As for the bats, its only like two (lit) welder hits to kill one.
I regularly just walk around the station just murdering them with welders super easily without help, sure i get knocked down once every couple bats but it isn't that bad.

They should gain powers slower tho, i agree with you on that front.
There should be a cap to how much blood you can drain from one person to prevent a vampire from healing someone to drain them forever. Also having both Hypnotise and Glare at the start may be a bit too much, personally I'd move Hypnotise back to being a high Blood ability like it used to be. It will be considerably more difficult to get a victim without being revealed but I think that's a fair price to pay for a Vampire's powers.
The only thing that really bothers me is how quickly they get to full power. You can get 200 blood units from each victim, it takes like a minute to fully drain someone, and you're at full power at 500. It's damn fun, but it's way too easy - fuck twenty minutes, if you're lucky and opportunistic you can do it in ten.

I like the idea of eye flashing not working through sunglasses, it's intuitive enough that I honestly thought it was the case when I first saw it.
The bats have been very hard for me to kill without a welder or backup personally; I got attacked by a single bat and walked into and back out of the RD room, put me down from max health to orange just with two stuns and some bites.
Well, god, carry a welder. It just about instantly kills a bat. It's a small annoying flying thing, half the time you can't even hit it.
There's no shortage of welders on the station.

There would be a fun counter if maybe instead of having to make your own holy water, or stealing the small bottle from the chapel, there was a dispenser, much like the one in the bar, that the chaplain or anyone in his office could use to dispense cheap holy water. Yes I know that more can be made with botany or chemistry access, but this way a chaplain could have some hope of standing up to a few vamps on his own.
Ok, well fair enough to having a welder

but what about the rest of the shit?
I-Sett Wrote:There's no shortage of welders on the station.

There would be a fun counter if maybe instead of having to make your own holy water, or stealing the small bottle from the chapel, there was a dispenser, much like the one in the bar, that the chaplain or anyone in his office could use to dispense cheap holy water. Yes I know that more can be made with botany or chemistry access, but this way a chaplain could have some hope of standing up to a few vamps on his own.

God no that's awful
vampire bats are too stronk
Weavel Wrote:Ok, well fair enough to having a welder

but what about the rest of the shit?

I'm taking a horrible route here, do pardon, but I did make a thread concerning this, having seen the recent complaints about changelings and the like. oh no lidge
Every time I've been vampire since Glare was introduced I've gotten well over a thousand blood by the end of each round. Without Glare vampires had a hell of a time getting off the ground, but with it I can effectively guarantee a free meal with no hassle if I'm fast with a follow-up chokehold or Hypnotize. It's fun as hell but it's far and away the strongest, easiest, frankly cheapest antagonist role as it is right now. With a bit of luck in finding braindead meals, in ten minutes I can be an invisible bat factory that phases through walls, stuns entire crowds, spreads diseases, and can kill four security members at once on my own with time to fart on them a few times to rub it in. A spot fix might be just doubling blood requirements to slow down the power shower, or fixing Glare to account for eye protection.