Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Blacklist Radio Lab as a Nuclear Operative deploy location.
Exclamation 
Just played a round of Nuke Ops as a late join on Oshan.
Where was the nuke deployed? Right next to arrivals in the Radio Lab!
Anyone who latejoined that round pretty much fell down the hole to the trench made by one of the grenades, drowned in the water flooding arrivals or shot by the nukies just 5 tiles away.

The Radio Lab should be blacklisted as a deploy area and should never have been an area where you could deploy anyway.
It's a really funny and good ops spot minus the whole "directly next to arrivals" thing. Nukeop radio is usually entertaining.

Sadly, I agree with your point. I've seen a bunch of people get shot instantly upon arrival when the bomb was planted in the radio lab and like, the ops basically don't have a choice considering they're more or less guarding arrivals from the crew. It could be a cool target on Manta in the future though!
As a compromise, perhaps the door to the radio lab could be moved to face Escape instead of Arrivals?
You could probably just rework arrivals to be scooted over to the left, and rejigger the arrangement of the maintence and janitor/storage room as well and give arrivals and the radio lab a bigger buffer
That could work, too! Just moving Arrivals away from any sort of Nuke Op target would be a wonderful plan - probably a good idea to do the same on every map as well, though AFAIK this isn't really an issue anywhere else.
(09-02-2019, 10:54 PM)Flaborized Wrote: It's a really funny and good ops spot minus the whole "directly next to arrivals" thing. Nukeop radio is usually entertaining.

Sadly, I agree with your point. I've seen a bunch of people get shot instantly upon arrival when the bomb was planted in the radio lab and like, the ops basically don't have a choice considering they're more or less guarding arrivals from the crew. It could be a cool target on Manta in the future though!

IMHO, a fairly elegant solution, could be to simply move the location of the radio spot to where the aviary is now, and simply just swap the locations and reworking the bottom-left section of the area around a bit to keep the flavor that the radio station has.

last I checked, aviary isnt a nuke ops target on Oshan, so it should minimize the spawn-killing for latejoiners, while still maintaining the flavor of the radio station
(09-03-2019, 08:26 AM)Slacker Magician Wrote: IMHO, a fairly elegant solution, could be to simply move the location of the radio spot to where the aviary is now, and simply just swap the locations and reworking the bottom-left section of the area around a bit to keep the flavor that the radio station has.

last I checked, aviary isnt a nuke ops target on Oshan, so it should minimize the spawn-killing for latejoiners, while still maintaining the flavor of the radio station

Honestly this is a wonderfully elegant solution - the aviary is currently in a really weird spot that's just super out of the way, and Oshan feels like a station where everything isn't very isolated from one another. Plus it'd be hilarious to have a radio show host talking about mysterious disappearances while, just behind a single wall, someone gets gibbed in the crusher. It's fantastic.

Also having an aviary/zen garden type of place next to Arrivals would be a nice welcoming view, in my opinion.
Slacker's idea is fantastic. +1 as I love nuke ops radio, but hate dealing with the conundrum of whether or not to shoot people who arrive.