Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Removing a Cyborg's Brain Should Take More Time
As the title suggests.

This might come off as a knee jerk post, but I sincerely believe that people shouldn't be able to debrain a cyborg in 2 seconds flat by just unlocking their interface, clicking them with a screwdriver, and then click them with an empty hand. Especially in the middle of a fight with said cyborg.

The process should require the same steps, however the removal part should at the very least require the borg to stand still for 10 seconds for it to work. Kind of like how it takes a few seconds to remove someone's clothes, cuff them, uncuff them, etc.

Fake edit: While we're at it, I don't think unlocking a cyborg's interface should be instantaneous either if they're on the "Harm" intent.
I dunno, it took me three tries to debrain a cyborg the last time I did this, each step requiring clicking the borg several times til progress was made, and I was dying by the time it was done. I don't think it's that big a deal, just be faster and less predictable.
Necroing this to say that it's a really good point and should be reconsidered. A nerd with a screwdriver shouldn't be able to insta-kill me in one click, and it's almost always the worst sort of turbonerds that start patrolling the hallways whenever anyone mentions the color Red.
Dont you need to use an ID with robotics access to unlock the cover first?
You need to:

1. Use a proper ID (as detailed above)
2. Use a screwdriver
3. Prompt a menu
4. Select remove brain and click accept while next to the cyborg

This is four steps that all need to be clicked while next to the murderboning borg (and if you screw up step 4, you gotta do 3 again), and any robot should take their brain showing as a sign that there's a good chance their rampage is going to be brought to an immediate stop if they continue.

Furthermore, a cyborg can relock themselves down given enough time to do so. If you're dealing with a Roboticist, MD, HoP, Captain, or anyone otherwise with access to remove your brain, you need to take special attention to the text when it says that whoever you're trying to murder just gained access to your gooey bits, probably has a screwdriver, and should probably be indirectly killed.

Except for maybe the last one, each of these steps requires being next to the thing currently trying to stab them to death and to actually click you (as in the last one doesn't require clicking them, but rather a non-moving button prompt while next to the cyborg), which is probably not gonna be easy unless you let it, and the third step renders the player immobile until they click the game again. I feel the risk for actually doing this is pretty great, especially for a less robust player and if the cyborg has something NASTY on them, and needs to be considered when debating for a buff for the cyborg in this situation.
just to be clear, the borg can close its own head with its omnitool in addition to relocking itself. the borg should take the L and escape to seal its chrome dome back up if it finds itself in this situation
(10-03-2019, 09:48 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: just to be clear, the borg can close its own head with its omnitool in addition to relocking itself. the borg should take the L and escape to seal its chrome dome back up if it finds itself in this situation

And if it ever comes to being debrained,usually its when the borg is stunned by a flash or any other security weapon,you can't do much while stunned and just hope you regain your control back before you get debrained.
I often play as a borg and keep in mind if I ever get in a situation with someone who has tasers and/or a flash,they can get you out of commission pretty easily.
However if they dont have anything to stun you with then it's pretty easy to land a few hits back and escape to fix yourself.
I feel fine with the current system as it is,you just gotta be careful if you are dealing with someone who can debrain you and be extra careful if they have weapons to stun you,it's best to leave from the fight if you begin to notice their intentions to debrain you.
De-braining serves as a better alternative to just killswitching, or skullbashing borgs and lets them continue playing in the round rather than permanently deleting them.
It's already a hassle given how fast borgs can move, requiring the proper ID clearance and tools, and that they completely lack stamina and any meaningful way to stop them outside of a flash, so I feel like all this would do is incentivize going to the killswitch because it would make it too much of a hassle to bother saving them.