Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gang Mode: Gang Item Rewards Thread
(10-24-2019, 04:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: On topic, I could really do with some ideas for craftable melee weapons, give some ideas.

Always a classic,barbed (or spiked with nails) baseball bat. Crafted from obviously using a baseball bat and some metal on it. (Could make new material such as barbed wire or nails that can serve as a precursor,barbed wire could also serve itself as a harmful barricade)
Inflicts bleed on crits and has increased brute damage,disadvantages using a barbed baseball bat over a regular one are simple,takes more stamina to use and it can no longer deflect anything.

not related to craftable weapons but as a reward,a set of prepared molotov cocktails with a lighter included for your firestarter needs
(10-24-2019, 07:59 AM)Unknownity Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 04:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: On topic, I could really do with some ideas for craftable melee weapons, give some ideas.

Always a classic,barbed (or spiked with nails) baseball bat.

Ah a Lucille. What would be a good alternative to barbed wire? Steel wheat AKA Metal filings?

Also, how did I forget about the classic Golf Club?

I do think the molotov would be a good craftable weapon, with the effective functionality of fire chem in a shotglass, albeit a bit more janky (requires you to light it, for example). Aimed for the ne'er-do-well SA rather than the turbonerd chemists.

What would people think of a meaner version of the weaponry for gang-leaders?

For example a sledgehammer would have a slightly different looking sprite and unique name (such as "Gentle Persuasion", etc). This weapon would have the increased stamina damage while also having a unique "execution", where on a dead target will flatten the head?
Every gang should get at least one inspirational battle instrument a la Mad Max with an edited sprite and distorted sound effect. Playing it dazes everyone outside your gang in a 3x3 square centered on you (cooldown for this effect). Gangs can also drag giant speakers around and if the instrument is connected to a speaker playing it dazes everyone in a 9x9 area who is not in that gang. Or perhaps this could be attached to the aforementioned pimping ride, where the pimping ride can be hooked up to a cargo cart and someone playing it while on the cart gets the bonus of the car's loudspeakers.

Also, there should be upgraded spray cans that paint faster or take longer to remove, perhaps because they make a 2x2 square tag on the floor, with limited uses. Also a pinpointer that points at the nearest hostile tag would be nice.
I don't support giving gangs even more weapons or items to abuse the station and non-gang crew with. I don't mind very basic QoL things like the upgraded spray can, but gang members already use what the station has to kill everyone in their path and blow open holes and breaches into the station, it's bad enough they got full antag ability, and this seem like it would just encourage more people to join gangs to tear up shit just because they can.

TL;DR: fine with basic utility things, huge no on weapons from me
(10-25-2019, 02:37 AM)Sundance Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:59 AM)Unknownity Wrote:

Always a classic,barbed (or spiked with nails) baseball bat.

Ah a Lucille. What would be a good alternative to barbed wire? Steel wheat AKA Metal filings?

Metal fillings could work too
I was making some headway on gang so I thought I'd update as well as ask for help. My current immediate plan for gang, which I have most of the foundations finished, is this (It's not in production yet):

- Rework point generation. Capturing turfs is way more important now. You gain points over time. Every 30-60 seconds, the game will count the areas your gang controls and give you points for them. Since points now are worth something in-round, you'll want to expand and protect your gang turf.

- Let Gang leaders decide their gang's clothing. They'll be prompted on round start to select their two different gang items, the jumpsuit and headgear slot item. But since two gangs can't use the same gang uniforms, the gang leaders will have to be quick or else their first choice might be taken.

- Gangs can spend the points that they earned at the gang locker for weapons and other items. The whole gang shares the same pool of points so they should work together, especially since they technically are supposed to follow orders from the gang leader.

- Gang themes similar to letting gang leaders choose clothing, they can also choose a theme for the gang items they can buy. Currently I have these themes: "Street Gang", "Old-timey 30's US Gang", "Kung Fu Gang", "Japanese/Ninja Gang", "Country Western Gang", "Space-Age Gang", and "Miscellaneous Gang". There can be more of course, but those were all I could think of offhand.

As far as the last 2 points. I've aggregated the ideas posted here as well as some of my own in a google doc to keep better track of what was proposed. I posted a share link to the doc below, but I'll also add other replies in this thread to the doc. I'd like to get a large wealth of suggestions because items are relatively easy to make and I'm hoping to do a lot of reskins of existing items with slight tweaks for these gang items.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XOGt...sp=sharing
Do you have a doc for which things still need spriting, or just any kind of request list?