Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Horror House Hotel (Weird Forum Game Idea)
Check desk for whatever is inside of it, move candle to bed, move bookshelf over the door to provide additional safety.
Before heading for bed, you take a look at everything in the room in detail.

The desk, oddly, doesn't have a storage space.  It's more of a floor table than a desk now that you think about it...weird.

There's nothing under the bed.

You check the bookshelf.  Apparently, even if you weren't dead tired, you wouldn't be able to move it.  It seems to be part of the wall.

What is with Gregory bolting stuff down?

You take the sheet off the bed, take the candle off the table, move it onto your bed, and crawl under the bed with the sheet to go to sleep.  I hope you didn't just make that candle fall, dying to a fire would be a really awkward way to end this so early.

-------

You wake up to see a pitch black darkness.  You can see strange mists flying towards the direction in front of you despite this.  From above you, to your sides, below you...

...below you?

Oh.........you can fly now?
And don't have a body?
Fuck that's awkward.

You hear a ringing noise in the direction the mist (?) is going to.

You're not sure if you even CAN do anything right now, but it couldn't hurt to try.
Look around. Steal everything not bolted down. Wake up.
check inventory
attempt to seduce the darkness
You look around and see if you can pick up anything around you...............

Technically speaking, you did take everything you could that wasn't bolted down.

You check you inventory...

You apparently don't have an inventory.

In a drastic effort to do SOMETHING, you attempt to hit on the darkness.

That's right. Come on now. Give it up. Throw away all your worries.

Wait, did that actually work?

I'm here to take you to a better life than you could imagine.

Shortly afterwards, you see something in the darkness...metal...curved...

Oh dear lord it's a scythe!

You desperately attempt to wake up, but it's not working!
shit bed
Challenge the reaper to a nice game of chess.
The scythe and its owner, A skeleton with a cloak and...uh, a blue hat with a yellow cross (which bears a resemblance to the Swedish flag) comes into view.  He also seems to have grayish hair, though you're not sure if it's from him or if it's a hat accessory...

Death:I know, I'm sure I seem frightening, but don't worry.  All of your suffering is.........

There's an awkward silence.

DeathHey wait a minute.  You're not supposed to be dead...at least, not yet anyways.  What, are ya lost or something?  There's no need to be embarrassed.  You can tell me.

Figuring you have nothing to lose, you speak to...the Grim Reaper...about your situation.

Death:Buddy, I hate to break this news to ya, and there's no easy way of saying it, so I'm just gonna say it  That place you're staying at?  It ain't something from your world.  You've been trapped in that place, and I don't think there's a way for you out on your own.

Death:I'm gonna level with ya.  You ain't the first guy I've had to talk to about this, and you're probably not gonna be the last.  But I'll make ya a little deal.

This is it, the important moment.  The plan is obvious now that you think about it.  You challenge the Grim Reaper to a game of Chess, no doubt receiving his assistance to leave.

Death:Ah, a man of culture?  That's what I like ta see.

A chess board floats in from out of your vision, the pieces gently placing themselves on the board from above.  Death offers you to make the first move.

At least until Death throws the board off to your right.  It explodes violently in the distance...somehow.

Death:Wait, this ain't the time for that.  Look, I'm gonna say the important stuff once and only once, so you best listen up.

Death:Ya see, my job is to deliver lost souls from the land of the living to the next life, and that hotel is full of lost souls that need to be removed, pronto.  In fact, they've been slowly disappearing one by one.  So do me a solid.  You bring me some souls.  You bring me enough, I'll get you outta there.  We got a deal?

You're not sure how much of a choice in the matter you have in negotiating deal...
Decline the deal.
I'll take it, but only if you can promise me that I'll go to heaven, or whatever is the best place that you go anyways.
You ask about a few details.

Death:Perhaps it's a bit of a misunderstanding on my part. This deal isn't to get you to the afterlife. It's to get you home. Though, I guess you could assist in arranging the former if you really wanted to.

Thinking on it, you're not 100% sure on this. You haven't seen anything...particularly worrisome. And who's to say this isn't some weird fever dream anyways?

Death:Well, if you're not sure, then I suppose there's not much I can do. But I'm sure I'll see ya again in a bit so how bout I keep the deal open for ya.

With that, you feel yourself being pushed away from death.

Death:Until next time, buddy!

-----

You wake up, feeling somewhat refreshed...but something smells...

OH!

OH GOD!

OH DEAR GOD!

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BED!

OH GOD WHY?

WHY DIDN'T YOU USE THE BATHROOM BEFORE YOU WENT TO SLEEP? OH GOD!

---

After that nasty awakening, you consider your options when you hear a loud, shrieking noise through the wall...

It sounded like a cat screaming in pain. It pretty clearly came from next door.
investigate cat pain.
if it is spooky, tip the candle over onto the bed and run
You leave the room to take a look over in your neighbors room.

The door for room 102 is a large, metal door, similar to a solitary confinement door found in a prison. It has a padlock on it, but otherwise has no interesting details worth mentioning. It's worth noting that none of the other rooms seem to have this door.

Perhaps against your better judgement, you knock the door and ask what's wrong.

???:Oh...is someone out there?

Whoever it is sounds dreary, possibly depressed.

???:You don't sound familar...I know you don't know me, or even what I look like, but could you do me a favor? Could you please take the key for the padlock from Gregory? I feel so hungry...I could really use something to eat...

It sounds like they have some trouble speaking somehow.
Search your room for items that can be used as weapons.