Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Horror House Hotel (Weird Forum Game Idea)
(08-28-2019, 08:39 PM)Schwicky_Schwag Wrote: put own head in door frame and proceed to slam door closed on own head

Don't do that. Instead:
  • Take all of the keys
  • Take a candle for light
  • Climb up the stairs in search of loot
(08-29-2019, 02:52 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 08:39 PM)Schwicky_Schwag Wrote: put own head in door frame and proceed to slam door closed on own head

Don't do that. Instead:
  • Take all of the keys
  • Take a candle for light
  • Climb up the stairs in search of loot

do this but also take the bell, ringing it rhythmically to intimidate would-be ghosts
You consider slamming your head in the door repeatedly, but realize this may be a significant risk to your immediate health.  Also, it would probably hurt.

You take one of the candles on the table.

On the key holder is a single key, below the label Room 101.

You turn around to see if the bell can be picked up and JESUS FUCK!

Uh, uh...well, how to explain it...apparently someone was right behind you.  Somehow?

They're...well, they have a pink overcoat on, underneath a red and black striped shirt and brown pants, overgrown blondish gray hair...uh...it looks rather old as well...I think?

Oh my...I've talked to many guests in my time here, but I think this is the fastest anyone's wanted service.

And uh...well...Fuck it.  Let's rip the bandaid off, address the elephant in the room.  It's a rat!  I giant talking rat!  In weird clothes!  Standing upright!  With hair?

Hm...I wonder, have you never seen a hotel manager before?

You could say that.

I'm sure you need a place to stay, but I must insist we do things professionally.  Kids these days....

He places the key back on its key hook, then stands in front of the service desk. It seems he's waiting on you to stand in front of it.
stand on the desk.
assert dominance.
Call the rat a nerd and run away.
pick up rat
Punch rat until horizontal.
Snuggle rat.
Alright let's be reasonable here.
  • explain that you were lost in the woods and this place looked abandoned when you found it
  • ask the manager if he knows the way back to, uh, wherever your house is? That was never established, was it? Where does this story take place, anyway?
  • do the above while besieging him with an endless arsenal of rat puns.
You explain to the rat...thing...that you were on your way home. However, you took what you thought at the time was a shortcut and ended up in very uncharted territory. As many people do, you kept going, thinking for sure it was a shortcut, but a few minutes turned into an hour, which turned into several.

At least, that's what you remember. You think some directions would be nice.

I see. A lot of our guests tend to have stories not dissimilar to your own. Eh he he he...

That sounded less like a laugh and more like a squeaky door opening and closing repeatedly.

But I'm afraid I don't know much in terms of directions, my friend. My hotel constantly needs my attention, so anything that needs doing off it is doing by others for me.

A lot of things came to mind, but you just feel far too tired to do any of it. Except call him a nerd and say rat based puns. You're particularly proud of "What's a mouses favorite game? Hide and Squeak.". He does not seem to share your interest in the joke.

In any case, my friend, you look dead tired. You don't need to worry about payment, I absolutely insist you at least get some rest. It can be very dangerous outside. Eh he he he...

You think you'd take the squeaking of doors over that laugh. As he's talking, he takes out a piece of paper from behind the desk. It seems to be a registration form. It reads:

Name:

The last space was apparently filled out already...
Name: George Kaka
write on the "101" on our registration form so that it reads "701"
You register yourself as George Kaka, and check the "Male" box.  You also vandalize the already written in number.  As you write, the owner speaks.

Oh, how rude of me, I never even introduced myself, did I?  As I'm sure you no doubt guessed, I am Gregory.

Gregory
Strange.  Creepy.  Dirty.
Well known for cryptic messages, mysterious nature, and his strange laugh.  Something seems off about him.

Gregory:Well, I'll show you to your room.  Sadly, we don't have a 701, so 101 will have to do..

He guides you down the right hall, with several rooms on the way there.  Each of them have a plaque with a name.  At least, you think they're names?  Not all of them seem to make sense.  Gregory speaks up on the way to your room.

Gregory:To tell the truth, what I see in your face isn't a desire for sleep.  It's a desire for death.  The two are close twins you know.

As if on cue, a lightning strike can be heard outside.

Gregory:...I'm just joking.  Eh he he he...

You don't think you'll be able to get along with Gregory.

Gregory:Ah, here we are.  Room 101.  You'll be staying here for the night.

The room is well decorated.  It has a bookshelf, a table, a chair, a small desk, and a bed.  The table has a candle on it.  The room also has a window, but as earlier observations indicate, it's boarded up. Despite how it looks, This room feels safe.

Gregory:Please my friend, do get yourself a good night sleep, okay?
You'll be needing it.  Eh he he he...
With that, after leaving your key on the table, Gregory leaves you to your room.

You feel very tired, seeing the bed as very inviting.  You feel the railroading may ease up a bit if you go to sleep now, but you may investigate whatever inside.
Check under the bed. If possible, fall asleep under the bed.
wear one of the bedsheets and run down the hallway making spooky noises