Poll: GET THAT FUKKEN:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DISK
24.24%
8 24.24%
BREAD
24.24%
8 24.24%
MONEY
6.06%
2 6.06%
FUCK YOU
45.45%
15 45.45%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Add a chance for traitor surplus crates to be/contain nukie class crates
title
It'd be hilarious if they came with a note wishing a random name good luck on nuking the station.
(08-26-2019, 10:54 AM)Podrick Equus Wrote: It'd be hilarious if they came with a note wishing a random name good luck on nuking the station.

guess the crates got mixed up in the post, and now there's a nukie out there trying to nuke the station with a clown car, two voice changers, and a poison bottle
Not in favor. Part of the fun in playing traitor is just making do with what limited access to gimmicky gadgets at your disposal and utilizing the environment for the rest. It doesn't particularly strike me as fun in just getting a chest full of super tactical military hardware filled with light machine guns or grenade launchers, especially if your only real objective is to just murderbone people.

I think the nukie class gear should stay exclusive to nuke ops. Getting random stuff from a surplus crate ranging from useless garbo to exclusive goodies is fun, but potentially getting an exact loadout kind of kills the point.
(08-26-2019, 11:05 AM)Captain Sheepy Wrote: Not in favor. Part of the fun in playing traitor is just making do with what limited access to gimmicky gadgets at your disposal and utilizing the environment for the rest. It doesn't particularly strike me as fun in just getting a chest full of super tactical military hardware filled with light machine guns or grenade launchers, especially if your only real objective is to just murderbone people.

I think the nukie class gear should stay exclusive to nuke ops. Getting random stuff from a surplus crate ranging from useless garbo to exclusive goodies is fun, but potentially getting an exact loadout kind of kills the point.
Your objective as a traitor doesn't matter, you can do anything you want within the rules. Say you get a Demolitions crate, you don't HAVE to murder everyone. You could sell the items to the highest bidder for example. You could theoretically masquerade as a nuclear operative and confuse the heck out of the crew into thinking that the bomb will be armed at any moment.

And besides, it wouldn't be a guarantee to get one of these crates (<20% probably?) and you wouldn't even get to pick which class crate arrives. It seems fine and fun to me.
I think getting something so geared towards rampaging and so structured would be bad even though it'd be sort of funny. I also think it would make nukeops less unique. As it stands, a lot of the operative's stuff is exclusive to nukeops. By giving them to traitors rarely in a very commonly bought traitor item you'd see it more often and it'd lose some the unique nukeop-only charm it has. Being able to fake being an operative is funny but one of the things I like the most about the new operative suits is that you can't fake them like the old redsuits. Seeing even just one person in operative gear totally confirms operatives and therefore it's an intense specific feeling that I think would be messed up if traitors could get the same stuff.

I also think that one of the strong parts of surplus crates is how they give you always randomized sets of gear. It's one of those "you never see the same thing twice" sorts of things right now. There's also a great deal of room for doing things how you like with the crates currently because rarely do you get a specific set of items that are designed around one specific gimmick or point you so directly into doing something, so it encourages players to improvise with what they have in unique ways. While it's certainly possible to run a gimmick with nukeops gear, it doesn't push you into coming up with ways to use what you have in the same way standard crates do.
Hard no as well.

While the class crates are quite good, the problem is they're often times too good.
Alot of the crates have insane TC values of 17 or higher, and are specifically designed to work together, and especially if it contains extra items, that would just lean to being too absurd.

In addition, the class crates are specifically designed, for just outright murder, while yes, there are people who will use it for different reasons the majority will still just use it for a piss easy rampage.
A soft no for me. I think Slacker and Flab pretty much outlined everything already, I'll add that the items for traitor are really designed around espionage and assassination rather than full-on genocide. Many things are designed to blend in/hide.. I don't think a traitor getting a minigun would really fit in terms of traitor items.

"Soft" because I'll echo a sentiment that an array of weapons in a firefight is always fun, and I'd love to see different guns throughout the game that's NOT limited to Nuke Op. More forms of heavy NT weaponry would be neat - the distinction that NT weaponry is mainly energy & stun based (thus not damaging the station) while Nuke OP is kinetic and explosive based (aimed AT damaging the station).

Personally, I think some of the weaponry (the weaker guns) could be purchased over an emagged QM console. This creates a barrier - 1. It requires you to have QM access, 2. It requires credits and 3. It reveals who bought and how much was bought if checked.