Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manta FixThisShit aka how I learned to love torpedoes
Not really a bug, but security starts with no medkits, unlike every other map.
Sometimes Artlab is depressurized at round start
On 2019-12-12 around 13:18 UTC, a Revolution round occurred on Manta in which both head revs were miners and therefore spawned off-station. They therefore immediately counted as "Abandoned the cause" and the round ended very shortly after it began.
The AI core turrets aren't hooked to the turret controller thing on the wall.
Probably as a result of new damaged Manta having missing walls everywhere, Manta can now be almost completely depressurized by one breach.
Not a bug, but there's a serious lack of intercoms. This isn't an issue per se, but as someone who loves playing AI, I want to actually be able to snoop in on people, ya know?

Also a way for Engineering to know exactly what junction boxes are damaged would be nice, though that's less of a mapping issue and more of a programming issue, despite junction boxes being only present on Manta.
(01-13-2020, 02:33 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Not a bug, but there's a serious lack of intercoms. This isn't an issue per se, but as someone who loves playing AI, I want to actually be able to snoop in on people, ya know?

Would be nice for the RP server too, as people may for whatever reason wish to visit a department and tell them (and only them) whatever needs to be told (like an embarrassing medical condition, for example).
Sea Turtle has no mining fabricator,
Mining subs cant open the sub bay doors of the turtle.
Miner cant use the announcment computer on the turtle.
[Image: BfmUe1s.png]

NCS Atlas's plaque is floating in the sea around the ship.

Mordent EDIT: Appears fixed.
Love the map! Thanks for making & iterating it!

More miner comments:
  •  The ship has two mining cargo-tele-pads, the trench-base has 0.
  •  The ship's pet rock feeding-chute has no trunk/piping.
  •  The ship's garage upgrade crate has pod-cargo-components instead of ore-scoop components (pods start with cargo installed)
  •  The base has two mining-fabs, but no smelter.
  •  The base has no sub-activated doors (only the person-airlocks)
  •  The base has no drains, anywhere (critically, the airlock)
  •  (Nit-pick) the ship smelter is a little far from the other machines. To add to this, the only standard-crate in the ship is the ship-components crate. (The ore-crates cannot be drag-inserted into machines in my short experience)
Great excellent things: Medibot in base, 3 cargo-teleport-guns, little things like messy base & coffee & rock collection
Torpedoes sometimes fail to explode when triggered inside the ship. I launched a high explosive torpedo at Chemistry and it vanished into the void without detonating.

The Engine Control Computer only works if you "rescan" before initiating startup. Not really a bug, just something that should be spelled out in advance or folded into the initial startup script.

As a Spy-Thief, I had an item to turn in at Cheap Yank's tugboat, which doesn't exist on that map. I also had one for "Medical Research", which I seemingly couldn't turn in anywhere in Research or Medbay.
Thanks for the bug reports everyone, especially newer stuff. I will be really busy until friday but will start shooting them then.
Regarding the Singularity, I've sometimes noticed a glitch where three sides of the forcefield "box" will initialize, but the fourth side will be open, leading to instant Singulo-escape.

This is clearly a bug because all four posts are on. I suspect it's due to the Engine Control Computer, somehow. Small sample size, but I've never had a problem when I rescanned before startup.
(02-03-2020, 01:55 PM)Vengarr Wrote: Regarding the Singularity, I've sometimes noticed a glitch where three sides of the forcefield "box" will initialize, but the fourth side will be open, leading to instant Singulo-escape.

This is clearly a bug because all four posts are on. I suspect it's due to the Engine Control Computer, somehow. Small sample size, but I've never had a problem when I rescanned before startup.

The issue is that the bottom right emitter doesnt activate when using the enginemaster program.
the temp fix is just activating the emitter yourself.
(02-03-2020, 02:49 PM)Unknownity Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 01:55 PM)Vengarr Wrote: Regarding the Singularity, I've sometimes noticed a glitch where three sides of the forcefield "box" will initialize, but the fourth side will be open, leading to instant Singulo-escape.

The issue is that the bottom right emitter doesnt activate when using the enginemaster program.
the temp fix is just activating the emitter yourself.

the emitter thing was already fixed. this has to do with the 4th wall not going up even though all 4 shield generators are active