Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manta FixThisShit aka how I learned to love torpedoes
Port AI Upload Foyer lacks the RemoveCrew and Emergency modules and still has the old ConservePower and ProtectStation modules....and the OxygenIsToxicToHumans board!
When the shuttle leaves the ship, It takes the floor tiles in the hangar with it  Azungar: Not a bug, intended feature. The floor is a giant hatch that allows the escape shuttle to dock so it never closes.

[Image: WbN35h4.png?1]
Last few rounds have had the southwest singularity emitter fail due to low power.  Another player said it was a wiring issue and fixed it, but my attempts to reinforce its wiring in subsequent rounds failed.  Given that this didnt occur before, I'm presuming a recent change caused this but I am not 100% certain, but given that its resulted in lord singuloth getting out within minutes in spite of an engineering crew that knew its stuff, I'm gonna go ahead and report it here.

Edit:  I just noticed that the power cables will, when scanned with t-ray/multitool, perpetually say they are unpowered, and yet the emitters still kept firing, and containment held.  This is after starting the engine up manually made things work right.  We still got no power to the SMES or the rest of the ship even with the engine room still having full power and the emitters holding.  There is something fishy about the engineering wiring at play.
This tile is using the wrong turf type, in /turf/simulated/floor/airless causing oddities in terms of hearing sounds, air etc.

[Image: unknown.png]

Invisible ghost pipes.
Just providing a link to the image to avoid making a mess with giant screenshots:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...nknown.png
Artlab Dwaine terminal doesn't start connected to the right mainframe/database.

This is part of a bigger issue with them, just press restart and it will fix itself.
The courtroom APC is not properly hooked up to the power grid. 1 or 2 tile lengths of wire to the North of the APC's terminal should re-connect it.

Could there be a special SMES in the Engine Room that is SPECIFICALLY for taking grid power and putting it into the emitters, ALONGSIDE a direct connection from the radiation collectors to the emitters? Essentially this would ensure that, as long as there is either residual power in the power grid OR the radiation collectors are connected and active, the emitters will stay online. Essentially a failsafe to ensure that the containment field doesn't fail if the main engine SMES units are disabled.
Not quite a bug but would be nice to have.
In the Starboard Primary Hallway, the South-most tiles are missing their disposal pipes. There's a bunch of routing junctions that just point to nowhere and it seems like there should be a pipeline there.
Dwaine terminal in the tech shack is disconnected from the network.

Restarting system...
Initializing system...
Booting from fixed disk...
Loading TermOS, Revision C
Copyright 2046-2053 Thinktronic Systems, LTD.
Network card detected.
Ready.
>reconnect
Alert: No prior connection address in memory.
>scnd
>reconnect

Part of a bigger issue, just press restart and it will work.
(09-18-2019, 05:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote: The courtroom APC is not properly hooked up to the power grid. 1 or 2 tile lengths of wire to the North of the APC's terminal should re-connect it.

Could there be a special SMES in the Engine Room that is SPECIFICALLY for taking grid power and putting it into the emitters, ALONGSIDE a direct connection from the radiation collectors to the emitters? Essentially this would ensure that, as long as there is either residual power in the power grid OR the radiation collectors are connected and active, the emitters will stay online. Essentially a failsafe to ensure that the containment field doesn't fail if the main engine SMES units are disabled.
Not quite a bug but would be nice to have.

Good suggestions and good bug finding, I'll start cracking on this stuff on the weekend.
I tried restarting. No such luck.

Restarting system...
Initializing system...
Booting from fixed disk...
Network card detected.
Ready.
>reconnect

The initial start up message on the terminal had a failed to connect to a dwaine address. Sorry about not copying it.

Edit: I checked every terminal on manta and they all seem to be affected by this issue.

Here's the initial system start message.

Thinktronic BIOS V2.1
Initializing system...
Network card detected.
Ready.
>connect 020002fd
Attempting to connect...
Timed out. Please retry.
Double stacked walls seem excessive. EDIT: It's to prevent air leakages, it looks ugly but oh well. 
[Image: Iq8u3Oi.png]

Also - techstorage holds a AI upload card. Not entirely optimal for such a unrestricted area.  Fun things aren't meant to last, ehh? It's gone.

Multiple unnamed cameras in inner engineering. Fix'd.
[Image: PYFD4O8.png]

Test chamber also has a wierd NT/ADMIN camera that you can't switch to.

Botany tree sucks. Remove or make it chop-down-able with a chainsaw or whatever. Fixed the camera and got rid of the blasted tree, enjoy a shitty table instead until I get inspired enough to do something cooler.
Doors to the bridge, and doors to the escape shuttle, all lack sounds. EDIT: Yeah, no fucking idea what causes this. No airless tiles, all of the sound paths are correct, I tried a different set of doors, let me know if this still happens.
(09-20-2019, 01:33 PM)polivilas Wrote: Double stacked walls seem excessive.
[Image: Iq8u3Oi.png]
without double walls the shuttle leaks air
Good news: Manta's Port Upload Foyer has the Emergency and RemoveCrew modules.

Bad news: The OxygenIsToxicToHumans module is still there, and so are the ProtectStation and ConservePower modules, which were meant to be replaced by the Emergency and RemoveCrew modules. Fix'd.
Not sure if the sponsorship was canceled or if it's differently-named or if I somehow can't find it but there appears to be no Discount Dan's Golden Ticket Machine™ on Manta. Fix'd. Added one.