Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add SecHUDS to the SecTech dispensers
This would allow the detective to get eye protection and see criminal status without having to bug actual sec officers for it, and allow implantee so see who's actually on their side in rev rounds allowing big teamfights
I think the main reason Detectives don't get them is because it's not their job. They just tend to get them anyways because the people who are supposed to be arresting people don't care.
(08-19-2019, 07:20 PM)Technature Wrote: I think the main reason Detectives don't get them is because it's not their job. They just tend to get them anyways because the people who are supposed to be arresting people don't care.

Yep, exactly that - when you got a single officer and a detective you can't really get picky.
Really, the Detective needs some kind of forensics version of the SecHud

Like, something that you can plug in a fingerprint, blood, or glove fiber ID number and have instances of where they show up on things highlighted
I'm pro this idea. Just because the Det can see whose set for arrest, doesn't mean he has to follow through with it. 

Ideally he's meant for gathering intel and feeding it back to sec. And occasionally shooting those people in self defence. Having a bad guy flagged will allow the Det to say "yeah I saw billy bob in maint" or "billy bob, that bad guy? Well he pulled a gun on me so I shot him" - as in it might cut down on the indiscriminate shootings.

I see two options here.

Option A would be for the shades to be in a sec vendor. Easiest option. Straight to the point. 

Option B would be to amalgamate his eyeware, partly. My reasoning is that the detective suffers from serious item bloat. Ideally, the Det is carrying around a bunch of analysis tools on top of his forensic scanner. The most useful tool for me is actually the upgraded medical scanner - figuring out how people died is half my job as a Det.  
Amalgamating the sechuds and advanced medical glasses that show arrest but allows you to scan bodies upon observe (does not show the health + in top right, only health observe),that would be sweeeeet.
Although this is the more difficult option..This would free up space for his thermo's and Det VR glasses.