Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! No more choice between fashion and utility!
28.00%
7 28.00%
No! It's too OP to have both armor and fashion!
72.00%
18 72.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The HoS Jacket should have the same stats as the Armor Vest
Pretty much what it says in the title. It'd simply be nice to not have to choose between fashion and utility.
No. Fashion is life, and you need to show your commitment to fashion or else you don't deserve it.
I said no on the poll, but actually I dunno. I think fashion should have a downside, like that's why I wear a regular security vest as Captain. But as HoS, I always choose the beret; which is objectively better than the HoS hat. And they have the same stats.

Maybe it would be good to, instead of giving the coat the same stats as the vest, give them some other sort of buff, that is comperable, but not in those same exact flat numbers.
buffinf the jacket when it’s buttoned by add cold resistance would be valid
I think that would be a good compromise. I like OMJ's suggestion of adding cold resistance to it a lot.
A HoS wearing armor instead of their jacket is an instant way of identifying them as a nerd so you know to mess with them, just like a clown taking their shoes off, or anyone wearing the fanny pack. Giving the jacket the same stats would ruin that.
Does the hos jacket not already have superior cold and heat resistance over the armor? I could've sworn it has better stats, just doesn't hold up to brute damage. These stats should ideally give you an edge in the ever occuring brutal temperature of space that encroaches on the station from time to time, making you more evasive. 

Wear the jacket if youre not planning on getting shot (i.e a normal round).
Wear the heavy armor that you conveniently have access to if getting hit is inevitable (i.e: nuke or rev). Fully kitted out with heavy armor and a shield makes you really really difficult to down in a firefight.