MamuelMamington's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Roger Jerome
BYOND username: MamuelMamington
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 & 2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I hope this doesn't make anyone feel too old, but I've grown up playing this game. Since I was in middle school I've been playing this stupid space farting simulator off and on. For six years I've been making sarin, creating bombs, and giving myself an aneurysm from playing too much security. Now that I'm going off to college, I thought it was as good a time as any to finally make a mentor application.

I have some experience in pretty much every section of the station, but my favorites are definitely science, security, and medical. The social aspect has always been the best part of Goonstation. While I know how to do it in a pinch, optimizing the power output of the engine or sitting in front of a genetics console for an hour has never been my thing. Despite that, I have a pretty complete understanding of the culture and "feel" that Goonstation is looking for, and how to help new players get used to and find a place within it. 

I'm not exactly sure what my reputation is or how well I'm known, but I try to aim and advocate for what I like to call Mature Immaturity and I think its helped me not be too much of a shitter. Letting your freak fly and having fun in this game has always been the best part of it, but I think the most important thing that mentors can do is help new players find that balance between making things interesting and just being a huge dick. Stealing a toy saber from a clown who won't stop spamming it when security is nowhere to be seen and then holding it hostage is funny and should always be encouraged. But if you start stripping the clown and turning all of his clothes into pies you've crossed the line.

With the combination of my pretty extensive security and medical experience, my working knowledge of the other departments, and my understanding of the station culture, I feel like I've learned enough over the years to help pretty much anyone getting into the game, and even throw in a couple of bits of advice for older players too. I myself use mentorhelp pretty often when I jump back into the game and I know how valuable a tool it is for preventing future problems for admins and players alike. SS13 has gotten me through some pretty rough times, and I would like to return the favor to new players if I can.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None in the past two years but my brain is foggy past that point.

P.S.: I miss when this song was played every other round and I hope someone brings it back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F68lwoMcJ2k
While I don't remember your name personally your application is stellar.

Could be because i myself haven't been in Goon1 for a loooong while which I would imagine its in need of mentors due to the majority of people being at Goon2.

+1
Recognize the name. Long-standing player, not shit. a good egg.
yeah lol
Yeah i'll support this. I would also support you making a HoS application, by the way.