Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency O2 tanks shouldn't be pure O2
If you use it correctly, an emergency O2 tank will pretty much last you an entire round, and you never even need to worry about it. This makes the more cumbersome air mix tank that you wear on your back almost completely useless.

I think both tanks should be filled with an air mix, so you actually have to save your emergency O2 tank as a temporary measure for emergencies (or fill them up with O2 from a canister).

Also, spawning with internals should be randomized again. Right now you are guaranteed an emergency tank when you spawn.
yes, but add a toggle to the top left like a jetpack has for the valve(and you'd still need to hold it in your hand to change the air setting maybe idk?!). i just find it weird that i can fuck around with the settings for a jetpack on my back but can't toggle a valve on my goddamn belt because my 2d spaceman was born stupid.
There is one? In the top left if you have an emergency 02 tank out you can open or close it on your belt.
I'm going to dramatically reduce the amount of gas in those things.
TheRedScare Wrote:There is one? In the top left if you have an emergency 02 tank out you can open or close it on your belt.

this is true though i swear i've had it missing sometimes my mouth is opening oh no
Can emergency tanks be refilled in an o2 canister? If not they should

Even asking this question proves the point even further that emergency o2 tanks should have less in them as I've never actually gone to bother refilling it once in a round.

Please make don't make them available station wide, have only the normal tanks in the o2 lockers. Put the emergency o2 tanks in the qm vending machine, about 8-10.
Yes, of course you can refill them.

I've lowered the amount of gas in those things down to about 40 from 350. It'll get you about ten minutes.
Most of the non-essential crew will no longer start with emergency tanks in their bags unless they are lucky. There are a few more emergency lockers around to compensate for this.
CaptainBravo Wrote:
TheRedScare Wrote:There is one? In the top left if you have an emergency 02 tank out you can open or close it on your belt.

this is true though i swear i've had it missing sometimes my mouth is opening oh no
It's missing if you're not wearing a mask
I'm confused. I haven't had an emergency O2 tank last an entire round since donut. I always set mine to 21 intake (any lower and I start gasping) and it lasts me about 20 minutes. I always fill mine to the brim at an P2p tank, too. am I mistaken about something here?
On tg emergency tanks last just a few minutes, it's stupid. You can top them up pretty easily, but why does it have to be one more chore.
Maybe it will make a few people stop to don internals first thing in the round, but c'mon...
Emergency or proper tank is really a choice of backpack versus belt.

Cogwerks Wrote:Most of the non-essential crew will no longer start with emergency tanks in their bags unless they are lucky. There are a few more emergency lockers around to compensate for this.
Always spawning with a tank in the backpack did feel a little strange.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I'm confused. I haven't had an emergency O2 tank last an entire round since donut. I always set mine to 21 intake (any lower and I start gasping) and it lasts me about 20 minutes. I always fill mine to the brim at an P2p tank, too. am I mistaken about something here?

Stop breathing so heavily, an etank at 21 lasts for pretty much a whole round for me.