Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec roundstart popup
I was thinking that maybe if there was an informational popup what appears when you spawn in as a sec officer then people would be less clueless and lost if they're new to the game or new to sec in general. It might also make abuse occur less often depending on what information is put in the popup. Just a suggestion, I thought of it when I rolled traitor and realised that the popup that antags get may be useful when spawning in as sec.  All Ears
This sort of thing might be nice for other jobs, too, like a quick "Here's some key points about how this job plays, good luck" stuff, with a button for "OK, Don't show again".

Some jobs have the "Pocket Guide to (whatever)", but the popup could be a condensed "here's the absolute basics of how your job works" stuff.
I agree. Popups for jobs that need them and a do not show again button that lets admins know they pressed that button on the player info or whatever you guys have. That way they can't complain they didn't know they were doing bad stuff.
I like the idea of everyone spawning with a brief how-to guide to their job, if only to create more trash around the station as most of the crew just toss it as part of their new-round ritual.
I wanna see the janitor toss it to the ground before realizing his job.
I've got a great Idea. In character creation there should be a toggle for job guidebooks which defaults to on.