Poll: Scones or biscuits with your tea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scones
23.08%
9 23.08%
Biscuits
15.38%
6 15.38%
Wait, which kind of biscuit?
28.21%
11 28.21%
Fuck You
33.33%
13 33.33%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give spy PDAs the ability to check current area
As long as it's a station area (to prevent potential telesci spoilers).

no more guessing about which area you're in right now when trying to redeem an item.

that said, I think it would be cool and good if a "station area overlay" button could toss in a layered overlay over the goonhub map, but that seems like substantially more effort.

just trying to make steps in the right direction; feel free to discuss this and other potential improvements to spy item redemption.
Yes. Though personally I wish the zones were bigger. Multiple collection zones near each other. I would go so far as to say entire wings like medical, security, command, engineering, and science as the spy PDA collection zone
Hell, even just like, xyz coordinates would be helpful
station areas are one of the most unintuitive, opaque parts of the game, so anything that helps mend that is a good thing in my book
I like the idea of coordinates.
Another one that could be done is adding a in-spy-menu pointer (So it doesnt automatically give away you're a spy when someone picks up your PDA) to your dropzone or something akin to that, but coordinates or even just expanding the drop-zones would also work yeah.
That would be amazing Slacker. I can usually figure out most of the locations or ask mentor help, but there's still some that remain a mystery to me to this day. I think something like what has been suggested in this thread would go a long way in improving the mode. There's absolutely nothing worse than having a great reward end up rotting just because you couldn't figure out the obscure drop off location.
I agree with this, as some areas are loosely defined, with the drop-off space being in nearby but differently named rooms. For example, the mining shuttle bay below mining on cog1 counts as Mining for the spy drop-off, however the door naming does not reflect this.
Perhaps a toggle-able ability which puts a green overlay on the correct drop location for the item in your active hand?
There is already a very low budget possibility to do so - janitors PDA has the ability to track where the mop is, including coordinates and zone area.
I think I suggested it as an idea before, but I think the best solution is to make the PDA pinpoint to the area you need to go to by going into the spy menu and clicking a "pinpoint location" button, acting as a tracker similar to the Auth. Disk tracker.

This way you don't need to murder the janitor and throw his mop everywhere to figure out if you're in the right place.
Maybe just have all PDAs tell you the name of the location you're in?
(08-22-2019, 01:18 PM)Mouse Wrote: Maybe just have all PDAs tell you the name of the location you're in?

This. Everyone could benefit from a basic GPS room locator
(08-22-2019, 01:18 PM)Mouse Wrote: Maybe just have all PDAs tell you the name of the location you're in?

This would be a good change, since it would at least give players some exposure to location names before a spy/nuke round. Afaik, the only current exposure a player has to place names is either as spies/nukies, or as the rare engineer or ai who cares about the power of individual rooms
uh rd pda app with port a sci reveals area name
not blocked in adv zones
dw about it being op or whatever i guess
Why not make a PDA cart that acts as a GPS, whilst also saying the names of on-station location and giving a pinpointer. Maybe has a map too.