Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type D-Owns syndrome has no cure.
[Image: oHgOmv1.png]

WELL SHIT
also one unit of downbrosia is delayed death always and unavoidably apparently (you choke to death)
Mutadone is ryetalyn, I just need to finish tidying up some loose ends from the chem revision.
Cogwerks Wrote:Mutadone is ryetalyn, I just need to finish tidying up some loose ends from the chem revision.
It didn't actually stop the dying though. I tried already.
Its possible that the disease is still reliant on the old chems rather than the new somehow then. Though surely that would lead to some error when compiling code.
There was no cap on the braindamage it caused, so it was actually my medical update that broke this - being 'brain dead' on a health scanner will very rapidly kill you.

Also it was apparently always uncurable despite having a cure listed, the var for curable was set to 0.

It'll be fixed shortly.
Wait, so the bible is deadly now? Same with droopy cakes?
From what I understand, brain damage on it's own won't kill you. It just puts you right at death's door, to the point where stubbing your toe could do you in. Lemme quote the relevant bits from the other thread:

Cogwerks Wrote:You'll keep flatlining if your health is below -100, -100 health + 90 or more brainloss will kill you outright, and brainloss will rapidly accrue while flatlined.
If not treated, I'd like to aim for braindeath taking about thirty seconds past hitting -100 health.

Captain_Bravo Wrote:So does this mean if someone is cluwned, and then beat to death, they'll die immediately instead of flatlining?

Cogwerks Wrote:Yep.

So brainloss lowers the amount of time you can spend under 100 health before you die. If you have enough brainloss, you'll die immediately upon taking enough damage to normally send you into flatline. Unless Cogs changed it since that post.
100+ brainloss kills you.