Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
a thread to post random updates i make
nobody reads changelogs and even fewer people read the forums so why not  Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

[Image: XExikLd.png]

here's the latest crap i pushed out.

Those little voting boxes?
[Image: DlzjcSA.png]
You can now vote with them! If you cast your vote with it, you get a gold star sticker.
The box is also capable of voting. If you've voted and you insert money into it, it will vote with you. (Or at least what you picked when you inserted the money.) But... other people can put in MORE money to buy the vote for themselves.

So if you want an extra vote to push your choice to the top, you should insert as much money as you can. Inserting money when you're winning will bump up the price.

[Image: P18yoQs.png]
The + and - buttons on canisters are gone, replaced with "Min" and "Max". I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the + or - buttons over just punching in 9999 to set it to the max (for filling oxy tanks or w/e).

[Image: XVztdCR.png]
Headsets and intercoms have a slightly different appearance. You can also directly set the frequency they use! No more clicking + and - ten times.

Also, not pictured: Cyborg Docking Station QOL upgrades. Cyborgs can change their own paint and decorations (just like clothes) instead of requiring a human, and the icons actually update.

But even better, to change a power cell, you can just click "Insert" - no more "Cyborg already has a power cell!". Wow!
I agree, it's a great idea to echo the changelog on the forums!
This is great.
I'm doing my part by updating the changelog on the wiki
As extra info - you can examine the voting machine to see how much is the biggest bet.
I should really make it show who has the bet too, so you know who to go beat up when your choice loses. v
(08-12-2019, 01:10 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: nobody reads changelogs and even fewer people read the forums so why not  Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

Hey, I read the changelog!
One thing I want to do is make the changelog save something to your profile so it only opens if it's actually changed.
One thing I added is the notice:

Quote:The round has ended!
Further actions won't impact the outcome of this round. Go hog wild!

Unfortunately right now the end of rounds is buggy due to some other (related-but-not-mine) changes which are being looked into.
hi kyle i stopped doing it because i left for a while but i will start again!

- kitchen oven ui made slightly less bad.
- admins in player mode no longer hear blobsay
- afterlife bar has a proper exit so you can really walk into the light
- character setup has new ui. yeah this has a different thread idgaf
- late join window has new ui too and its very good:

[Image: unknown.png]
Finally, an exit from the afterlife bar that isnt through the fryer! Thanks, Zam!
the button has always been there too
- oshan's geothermal vents will now show "current" and "lifetime" generated power in appropriate units instead of scientific notation
- they will also show this at any distance instead if you examine them

- the ptl shows a 'lifetime earnings' number too. it also uses engineering units so you can get 1 gigacredit, because scientific notation is stupid and i hate it

- the vr race track has been largely gutted. sorry.
- the gauntlet got a redesign so it isn't one tile wide corridors. the chess board is also there. you can get there from a ladder in the vr area. no more needing to use disposal tubes.

- action bars (those things that pop up when you do things) were modified a bit. they should fill up smoother and they have little animations when they get interrupted or finish. might be buggy. sorry blobs.

- pens and other writing instruments can once again be used to write on walls and floors. incredible
- infrared pens are also usable like this. however they require thermals rather than mesons, so i'm not really sure if anybody even has those any more.
- given the fact that the only thing thermals are really good for is seeing cloakers maybe they could be a little more common or something. idk.

- maybe some other small tweaks i forgot about. idk.
I made some changes to the title screen (it is no longer in the middle of its zlevel, so no more seeing chunks of the adventure zones next to it). I also made minor edits to the afterlife bar area and VR.

For VR, I'm going to see if I can put some syndicate item spawner in it, maybe (safe) wizard stuff. Basically, have an area where you can fuck around with all the fun goodies.

(I'm also using this post to verify that I am Zamujasa for miraheze because my wiki password somehow isn't in keepass Cripes )
vr has the MURDERBOX, which lets you try out wizard, werewolf, wrestler, and windicate traitory things. It's buggy and needs some tweaking but it seems to have made vr a thing to go to again.
Appreciate the work you put into this Zamu