Poll: Polls increase engagement; coffee or tea at breakfast time?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
coffee
30.77%
16 30.77%
tea
30.77%
16 30.77%
fuck you
38.46%
20 38.46%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change Rev Draw Mechanic
ring of gib could work too
teleport all surviving heads into an inescapable arena and give them all elimbinators
Randomly fire howitzers at people every minute or so instead of a gib wave
(10-17-2021, 11:05 AM)Cal Wrote: Forced loot box drops of weapons might be cool too

Again, could tie it to ghost participation.

Halloween ghost abilities and the shared resource pool they have to make various effects happen would work well with spectators sharing a resource pool to do different actions like drop a missile or loot box, with the more round effecting stuff being costlier, so the ghosts would have to collectively decide to save up to afford it
Forced combat to control a specific point is heavily in favor of Nanotrasen compared to Revolutionaries. I've seen a few recommendations here, and I think a lot of them need some more thought.

Revs need to control something after a certain period of time.
Problem: If Revs are going stealth, then they are outed by the control mechanic when it arrives, and their stealth plan breaks.

Revs need to CONTROL something.
Problem: Revs aren't heads of staff, so by majority, the Heads control the AI. Revs gets called out, AI bolts down the bridge as the control zone. Lets say, Revs make it in. Security now engages Revs on the bridge. Security officer implants a rev. Without bed surgery being a thing anymore, and rev-flash taking a very long time to remove loyalties. That rev needs to now run from the bridge all the way to medical. I don't know about you but, thats a long distance on nearly any map. This means Revs lose via attrition by forcing revs to go to a place that is far away from any medical location on essentially every map excluding Atlas, because tiny.

Revs gain weapons.
Revs already have weapons, and anything more lethal than what they have will either lead to robust head-revs assassinating heads quietly even faster, or security and stealing their equipment. I say this as a head-rev who has assassinated all heads of staff on station without really converting any revs for myself. You start with a dagger, maybe two and it snowballs fast.

Honestly, I think there are two suggestions that stand out the most, and then I have one of my own.

One, dead players need to get a way back into the round. Two, player locations need to be announced from time to time.
So, i've suggested before that Revs should have a nuclear alternative. Post round when all heads are dead, NT hires a Nuke strike team to arrive on station to destroy it. They arrive via the escape shuttle (Which makes no announcement it has arrived) and works like normal nukies. Its a way to get folks back into a round, and its a non-instant revs is over thing.
Tracking. Say you have three heads of staff and three head revs. If 2 heads of staff are dead and only 1 head rev, then have the syndicate get control of the annoucement computer. Have it come out like #%$$$ jumbled mess, then give a readout of a head of staff. Captain James Reade located in the Crew Lounge. Switch it up if the Revs are losing, NT locates a head rev instead, giving just the locations at first and not a name.

My Nuke Ops suggestion is just a thing, but having some form of antag arrive on station to make use of the chaos caused by a revolution might be a cool thing to have happen. If a bunch of folks are dead, perhaps a group of mercenaries arrives on station. Maybe its NT, maybe its Syndicate or just pirates who don't care. Give players who died a way to get back in.
Maybe they arrive on station as a bunch of random names random jobs, no antag roles at all, just make a shuttle announcement of "A group of refugees has arrived from Heisenbee Station #44 after a suspected revolution." Maybe some of them arrive as revs? Maybe theres a changeling or a vampire among them too? Who knows.
Maybe the Wizard Federation sees thats NT is weak on this station and comes to clean house... Maybe a Wizard gets rev flashed and then some really weird shit happens.

Dynamic gamemode when? (WYCI)