Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/150

It's a double-barrel shotgun! I'm mostly submitting this patch to lay the groundwork for getting this weapon in the game. I'm willing to modify and work on it as necessary to get it included.

Here's a quick walk through its current functionality.

The double-barrel shotgun is a weapon that's very strong in close range. While within 3 tiles of your target (including the tile they are standing on), you will do 100 brute damage and have a good chance of blowing off an arm, a leg, or even both. I've coded it in such a way that you can't completely delimb someone by shooting them repeatedly. Furthermore, it has a pretty strong damage ramp-off losing 20 damage per tile when the distance is more than 3 tiles. I see this weapon as sort of the katana to the c-saber, except with respect to the spacker. It's not a great weapon for crowds, but it'll do great if you're just trying to gun one person down.

This weapon has a unique reloading mechanic in which you have to open the gun in order to reload it. At the moment I have it set to use only its specific type of ammo, but this could be changed to accept regular buckshot and other ammo types. Because this gun requires a bit more finesse to reload, I think it helps to offset the insane amount of damage it does. You can't just blow everyone away with it.

The gun is also pocketable which adds a bit of discreteness to it which is fun.

I created nearly all assets for this gun from scratch. The sprites were made by me, as well as the sounds for opening and closing the weapon. The firing sound was composited from different sound effects I had lying around, and as such it might be a bit more dubious to add, though I feel it was transformative enough.

Demonstration:
https://streamable.com/r7344

Messages In This Thread
[FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Vextrom - 08-11-2019, 01:14 AM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Azungar - 08-11-2019, 01:32 AM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Tewf - 08-11-2019, 11:09 AM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by ZeWaka - 08-11-2019, 01:46 PM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Vextrom - 08-14-2019, 12:50 PM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Gannets - 08-16-2019, 02:55 AM
RE: [FEATURE] Double-Barrel Shotgun - by Lurkey - 09-05-2019, 11:41 AM