Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Bugfix] Traders Now Buy Loot Crate Weed
Attempts to fix a bug where traders would not buy herb/cannabis/spawnable as herb/cannabis. This means that round start and loot-crate weed would not be able to be sold as the items that they are.

I have tested that this bug is still the case in 2019, hopefully this fix still applies. I know that several changes have been made to traders since 2016 code.

The fix implemented here is not ideal, but i do not know enough about trader code to rewrite their New and this is a lot more slot-in-able.

Basically, what this patch does is it builds an ordered list out of goods_buy called goods_buy_sorted. The goods_buy_sorted list ensures that when the trader buys an item, they buy the most-childy items first; e.g., it will buy herb/cannabis/omega before herb/cannabis. The reason for this is that the current (N.comtype == sellitem.type) leads to unituitive results, as child items of parent items cannot be sold as the parent item. This becomes a problem when herb/cannabis/omega/spawnable, aka, the kind of omega weed spawned in loot crates, cannot be sold as herb/cannabis/omega. However, replacing this with istype(sellitem,N.comtype) means that if herb/cannabis comes first in the trader's goods_buy, it will sell herb/cannabis/omega as herb/cannabis. Basically, this sort ensures that herb/cannabis/omega gets sold before herb/cannabis. Now, this should probably go into the parent trader's New(), but the parent New() gets called in sub-traders before adding on any of the commodities for trade. This means that I would be doing the sort before the items are even added, and I don't know enough about how traders work to feel comfortable moving the ..() to the end

A direct consequence of this change means that traders who buy herb/cannabis will now also buy herb/cannabis/omega even if they do not explicitly buy omega weed, but do so at their herb/cannabis price. This seems reasonable.

This also means that all child items will be bought as if they were the parent item if an explicit reference to the child item isn't included. This means that a trader that buys kitchen/utensil/fork will also buy kitchen/utensil/fork/plastic as if it were a regular fork. This seems slightly less reasonable, but hopefully the balancing concerns for this will be outweighed by the potential good.

prpr: UM-015 trader round spawn weed bugfix
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/153
Glad I wasn't the only one having this issue. By chance, could a similar patch be done for gold bars?
I can look.into the gold bar thing, but to my understanding the traders not accepting gold bars is a direct result of gold bars (material) being way way easier to get than gold bars (loot table reward) and therefore intended
Thank you for being bugfix urs
I am working on a better way to fix this problem re: loot crate weed.

please stay tuned.