Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any updates on oldsmoke?
Thought it'd be added back like a week ago at the latest, what's going on with it? Newsmoke lacks any kind of subtlety, just burns people to death or does nothing, I miss oldsmoke  Banging head against the wall
Same. Bring back old smoke!
Whats newsmoke?
I believe they're talking about the new smoke mechanics.

I haven't played much so I don't know about it, but I guess some people don't like it.
(08-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Technature Wrote: I believe they're talking about the new smoke mechanics.

I haven't played much so I don't know about it, but I guess some people don't like it.

MBC also said it was going to be added back with a changed recipe, so we're following up on that.
Newsmoke is great for murdering people super quickly or denying entry to an area for a bit, but not useful for transferring anything fun into targets in a meaningful amount. For example a rare poison and some fluoro to melt masks becomes a "burn anybody in the smoke to death, but you also get to waste some rare poison!" situation. It makes very little difference what you actually put in newsmoke unless you have a couple hundred units of whatever it is you're trying to put in the targets AND they stand in it for a good long while for some reason. A smoke containing 100u of royal initro or something absurd like that and like 10u fluoro just burns targets to death before the initro can do anything meaningful. The most annoying smoke additives, curare and pancuronium for example, are the only ones that "work" properly. You can't smoke people with any of the legitimately rare poisons that can only be found with luck and never made because you never find the massive sums necessary to actually make them function as intended in smoke form. I haven't seen a single creative gimmick smoke work since the changes, it's just not feasible to find hundreds of units of a rare poison , much less drag victims out after melting their masks off so the poison can actually work before they burn to death.
it's been re-added as Propellant just now

also i would like to hear exactly what you mean by subtlety. Is it just that the reagent names show up on the smoke object?
Awesome, what was propellants final recipe?
Chlorine, Platinum, Hydrogen, Sugar, Stabilizing Agent.
Heck yeah, something finally uses platinum!
(08-10-2019, 08:26 PM)Prichard Wrote: Whats newsmoke?

All hail the newsmoke