Poll: On Ending Rev/Blov
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the round going with a quicker shuttle on call.
40.00%
10 40.00%
OOC IS NOW ENABLED
60.00%
15 60.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A Soft End to Rev/Blob
So...you know those games where you've spent 10 minutes preparing for an:

- Adventure zone
- Secret chem run
- Gimmick
- Other high-setup/high-reward type thing

Everything is set up nicely, it looks great, you're ready to do your thing. A clown walks by honking awa-

OOC IS NOW ENABLED

or you're exploring, taking your time and

OOC IS NOW ENABLED

Picture painting aside, I'd like rev rounds and blob rounds to evolve from being a gimmick death sentence. I've had 20+ occasions in which I just set up a thing, only for someone to report a rev flashing or a blob in the armoury and I had to make the choice to abandon the project entirely or risk being cut short out of nowhere.

One occasion comes to mind in which i was looking for a secret chem all day simply because the rounds that day were blob, rev, rev, and blob. 

My idea to fix this is extremely simple. Killing all of the rev heads/heads on a rev round displays a victory announcement for the side that won, but doesn't end the round and killing all of the blobs doesn't end the round either.

Though, after the victory messages, the shuttle arrival time and time to centcom should be reduced to 30 seconds - 1 minute each way. (just in case everyone is super done with the round. Also it puts the round ending power back in the hands of the players instead of smashing everyone in the face with OOC IS NOW ENABLED)
I disagree, I think it's intentional to make revolutions, nuclear agents and blobs more important. When any of the three are present, you aren't supposed to be able to spend 40 minutes doing chemistry or something, you're supposed to get involved in the round. It's supposed to discourage you from holing up for the round and doing your own thing by yourself because it cuts you off and incentives getting involved.

Furthermore, if you made the shuttle call super short because there's nothing at all left to do, the majority of time either A.) The shuttle would be called immediately because the round should be over or B.) The shuttle would take forever to be called because all parties are incapable of calling it or people who can won't and a significant portion of people who can't call the shuttle will be bored and annoyed at the new extended round. I can especially see this issue with blob.
(08-06-2019, 12:40 AM)Flaborized Wrote: I disagree, I think it's intentional to make revolutions, nuclear agents and blobs more important. When any of the three are present, you aren't supposed to be able to spend 40 minutes doing chemistry or something, you're supposed to get involved in the round. It's supposed to discourage you from holing up for the round and doing your own thing by yourself because it cuts you off and incentives getting involved.

Furthermore, if you made the shuttle call super short because there's nothing at all left to do, the majority of time either A.) The shuttle would be called immediately because the round should be over or B.) The shuttle would take forever to be called because all parties are incapable of calling it or people who can won't and a significant portion of people who can't call the shuttle will be bored and annoyed at the new extended round. I can especially see this issue with blob.

I definitely see where you're coming from, but after hearing both sides, I chose to make this forum thread for democracy.
I really dislike the abrupt round ends for blob, specifically, but only because blob seems to be so much "spotted, blob killed, round over within minutes of blob spawning" unless one of like 3 players is in control of one of the blobs or the crew is critically incompetent. And on horizon a blob round is essentially a super long server restart following a mapvote because blob really can't thrive there and that's never fun for anybody.
But if we change this I can't have an ass day where I open the bridge on the captain and end a revolution round in 5 minutes again.
I gotta agree with Flab with that. If syndies or blob or revs are around you shouldn't be fucking off doing your own thing. You gotta JOIN THE CREW in repelling it. I know a couple months ago when I was playing a lot I was getting pissed off because people were screaming SYNDIES IN BAR and like no one showed up or BLOB IS EATING SEC EVERYONE HELP and only like the clown and a grey suit showed up to fight it. Not to mention people seeing revs and instead of fighting the revs they just let themselves get revved or pretend to fight them but then just kinda not actually fight them.
I would like a low% chance for an alternative ending for revolution if the clock runs out, REVOLUTION HOLDOUT SCENARIO COMPLETED or something, everyone gets on the shuttle and goes home.