Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: August Edition!
Star 
Hi everyone! Welcome back to another edition of the Goonstation Monthly Contest. It's incredible how time passes by so quickly! I hope your August so far has been enjoyable and full of sunshine and bees bee

Like the previous contests, you'll have a shot at winning a beautiful Gannets sticker, shiny Byond hub medals (complete with some neat ingame rewards), and some pretty sweet bragging rights

Variety is good, and so this month we're asking you to submit a Space Station 13 inspired work of art. That includes drawings, sprites, photos, music, poems, sculptures, food, and more. As long as you employ your artistic sensibilities (yes, the work of art should be yours, and not someone else's), your submission should be good to go. We do reserve the right to disqualify particularly low effort submissions (no, a single "poo" is not a work of art), but we'll try our best to notify those submitters soon after they post, so they can resubmit. 

You can only make one submission, so give it your best shot (but feel free to swap if you come up with a better one). Submissions will close on the 23rd. The voting period will last for a week, and then we'll announce the top three. 

The prize tiers are as follows:
Winner: Gannets sticker, top 3 medal (and a cool ingame reward), bragging rights
Two runner-ups: top 3 medal (and a cool ingame reward), bragging rights
Everyone who qualified: participation medal (and a different but also cool ingame reward), bragging rights

If you'd like to provide suggestions or feedback for this or future contests, please feel free to reach out on Discord and let us know! Thank you again for being a part of the Goonstation community, and have a great rest of the month! Submit 2day! spider

Question: Can we submit multiple sprites?
Answer: Yes, you can submit multiple of any one type of art as long as they're in one post and have a nice collection name (e.g. "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Clown").
[Image: ss_2015-10-26_at_02.50.23.png]
unlimited honkworks
here's a haiku i made:

the bee flies in the
lone owlery waiting for a
long lost and hairy friend.

(i hope owlery is three syllables)

Edit:Counting syllables is difficult at 11pm, my bad please look at my newest post for a "fixed" haiku
(08-06-2019, 02:05 PM)moonlol Wrote: the bee flies in the
1    1    1     1  1
1     3         2         1   1
1     1     1    2      1

Syllable count:

0/10 not even a good haiku get out
(08-07-2019, 08:56 AM)Technature Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 02:05 PM)moonlol Wrote: the bee flies in the
1    1    1     1  1
1     3         2         1   1
1     1     1    2      1

Syllable count:

0/10 not even a good haiku get out

Ah my bad i made this haiku at 11pm and I for some god awful reason though waiting was 1 syllable, my bad
here's a fixed version(please use this for the contest admin):

The bee flies in the
lone owlery waiting for
long lost hairy friend

edit:welp it good now technature, i had a lapse in concentration earlier
My bad
https://soundcloud.com/phuzzysa/discount...ik-noodles

In the depths of space only one quick service noodle cup reigns supreme, because that's all that Centcomm buys for some reason. DISCOUNT DANS. HAVE SOME.
I had fun drawing my HoS bee, and as a result I decided to spend far too much time continuing the series with the Clown Bee. Hope you enjoy looking at it!

edit: And holy shit Phuzzy, if that doesn't get added as a radio station cassette I'm gonna riot
Still too many syllables on the end, 1/10
For this monthly contest I'm submitting my Bee Day cake that I made. [Image: 20190809_134956.jpg]

No longer submitting this as I have made something else.
[Image: qr01mHQ.png].
Wait, hmmm... is my submission not eligable if it has Gannets art on it?
(08-07-2019, 07:12 PM)PhuzzySA Wrote: https://soundcloud.com/phuzzysa/discount...ik-noodles

In the depths of space only one quick service noodle cup reigns supreme, because that's all that Centcomm buys for some reason. DISCOUNT DANS. HAVE SOME.

Please win
sad greater domestic space-bee A N G E R Y B E E fat and sassy space-bee

[Image: bjTCozT.png]
Made this in MS Paint and it took me way too long. I also made a version with wings but it didnt look as good as the one without. https://i.imgur.com/sIyPLiU.png
[Image: ysTIENk.jpg]