Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: August Edition!
[Image: 6626b1203dccf75892855cf4a4c29b62.png]

the new incarnation of the dramatic chef
he has a big heart for cooks and is constructed with 100% locally sourced products
[Image: Bela3bV.png]

Clown spider!
My submission for the Monthly Contest:

(In case video doesn't embed): https://youtu.be/cqXy8x68fEM
Originally had something much bigger planned, but due to technical difficulties and time constraints couldn't finish it.
Instead, here's Atlas recreated in Rimworld:
[Image: 244dee200dff5ee5b53429f7dbb320d5.png]
Thank you everyone who has submitted so far! I'll extend the deadline for submissions to the 27th (end of day, let's just say EST). Tell your space friends to participate!
Here's a cute lil' tesla buddy (or just regular old buddy) I made a model of in Fusion 360 and 3D printed. I was going to paint it but ran out of time!

[Image: hNyFAh2.jpg?2]

Here's what the model looks like in Fusion 360 incase anyone was curious. It's laid out like that to enable printing.
[Image: SvuYmuc.png]

I'll throw this up on Thingiverse in a bit, but I want to make some adjustments to the arm so it works a bit better. In the meantime, there's a few other SS13 related models I've put up already, including the AI, a regular Robuddy and a Space Bee.
Like 69andahalf, I too tried my hand at a bee model. I decided to use AutoCAD, so I could brush up on some the training for it I'd done a year ago.

Here's what the base drawing looks like.
[Image: U6J7I5N.png]

I decided for a bas-relief since I wanted to put it in an old rubber keychain mount that used to hold a bottle of hand sanitizer. Image makes it looks almost engraved.
[Image: AFFZxyY.png]

Dunno if anyone else wants it, considering how super dope 69's bee is, but here's the Mediafire link with the .stl file if you think mine is dope too. (Thingiverse makes new users wait a day before they can upload, so I can't publish mine there--yet.) Be sure to scale the dimensions as necessary.
[Image: lps1CvA.png]
Have a bee.