Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antag Tokens should respect your prefs
Here's my thinks on this:

Tokens already have a measure in place where they can fail to be redeemed because of other concurrent tokens being redeemed in a round with limited antagonists (i.e. you can't accidentally roll 10 blobs in a single round because 10 nerds redeemed on a blob round).

We can't reasonably have a token redeeming dictate the round type because of the potential metaknowledge, obviously, but more critically there's not a fair way to resolve that if two players with mutually exclusive prefs redeem.

We could potentially respect prefs during redeem & give a failure if the pre-selected round type does not match your prefs, but once again theres a leak of info. If you were to redeem and not be selected, it means one of two things happenned: a) too many tokens redeemed, or b) [much more likely] the round type is outside your prefs. No bueno.

To cover for the potential info leak just mentionned, the token redeeming needs to be made RNG. One option: you activate it and you get a fixed chance of failure+refund, regardless (plus the above pref restriction), so at least theres some cloudiness as to why your token was rejected.

A more information-secure option: being in posession of a token gives you an automatic 50~% chance of activation each round, followed by prefs, followed by a confirmation message (after the round) that your token is redeemed successfully. I.E. no indication on char gen whether there was even an attempt to redeem, and no way for the user to pick and choose when to do it (to game it based on population or other factors).
Before yelling at me about how this last option ruins your rounds:
a) just disable antags if you dont want it at all
b) your antag round was a random stroke of luck, your compensation for losing it should be a random stroke of luck. it's not a hard queue with a turn order.

Anyways just spitballing here, yell words at me

Messages In This Thread
RE: Antag Tokens should respect your prefs - by warcrimes - 08-05-2019, 08:09 AM