Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antag Tokens should respect your prefs
If that were the case we'd need to somewhat revise the way we give out tokens. That ups their power from "Oh hey so I get to go again" to "Server blew up, I get to decide what we're playing next!" which is like, honestly, really overpowered and doesn't seem fair. In addition, if two people redeem, one is going to complain that theirs got refunded instead.

I'm really sorry for anyone who's been stockpiling them assuming that there's going to be an arbitrary code change to make them more valuable.

I'm all for something that fails if it doesnt match your prefs, and so far Birb has the best middle take IMO. If you're dead set on your choice of antag, you can activate it, and if that round already happenned to choose a matching one, congrats you're in. If not, enjoy observing, so you can't use the knowledge ingame.
(08-06-2019, 03:48 PM)warcrimes Wrote: I'm really sorry for anyone who's been stockpiling them assuming that there's going to be an arbitrary code change to make them more valuable.

We are currently talking about that Arbitrary code change right now in this very thread. This is the moment I've been saving them up for.

Also Zamujasa, Joefesok suggested antag tokens changing the next rounds type. I think that would be an alright idea.
I like zams idea a lot, so every few rounds it'll give you a notification saying (This round will allow the usage of Antag tokens, would you like to use yours?). I get that Antag tokens would increase in value but I think that letting someone choose the round wouldn't be too much to give. I don't really see a loosing party in this, maybe if one person redeems it first, then everyone else who tries to will be told that they can't, regardless if the two antags would work together.
(08-06-2019, 01:33 PM)Joefesok Wrote: My thought is that if I spend an antag token, I want to play the game; I am ready to play the video game space station 13. So if I spend a token then sit out of a potentially half an hour to hour long round, that really sucks. This is also not to speak of Goon1.

You don’t have to use your antag token though. If you really want to play you can just not use the token and do a normal round. By using it you could take the risk that you might not be able to play.

I’m really not a fan of changing the game-mode though, that seems really arbitrary and far too powerful. As well with how much some people have been stockpiling, we might get situations where it’s only 10 of one type of round in a row.

Also in my opinion I feel like the meta problem even if it didn’t observe isn’t that big of a deal.

ANYWAYS.

I don’t think tokens should dictate the gamemode. I do think as a cost for using them you might have to observe. If you really don’t want to observe, turn on all the antags or don’t use the token.
What if whatever round type it is, the antag token just adds an additional antag? On top of that, have antag tokens redeemable for specific antags? As in, get a Blob round ruined, get a Blob token
Id say mix how it is right now and the gamemode/antag pick one. Keep antag tokens as they are(Random antag pick) and also have a new option of picking the next game mode and picking what you want to be but only let you use that option once a day that way people like me who have stock piled them up can't just keep making the same game modes all day.