Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gerhazo Easter Rodent and Hokie, Goonstation 8/1/19 4:30am
Admin name: Gerhazo, Easter Rodent and Hokie

Server: Same

Date/Time: Same again

Synopsis: Fist Gerhazo banned me for using the name "Benito Morselpeene" which was not in violation of any rules; secondly Easter Rodent told me I broke a rule by being a dick, I said I was careful to not be rude and she agreed I hadnt been rude then banned me after calling me a dickhead because "we dont like you"; afterward, i I rejoined the server on my browser which had my other account logged in (keep in mind I didnt know I was banned on my original till they told me I assumed I was kicked); then I got banned again by Hokie "arbitrarily" according to him  Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re

I have extra screenshots about the whole thing from a friend

Extra Information: none

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello.

Here's the reasoning for the ban itself:
After naming yourself a very slight variation on the name of Adolf Hitler, you've been told that names of political figures are inappropriate and to avoid using them while you are on this server. You've been given an opportunity to rename yourself, at which point you rename yourself to a yet another variation of a name, this time of Benito Mussolini's.

There isn't an explicit rule for this because most people have the courtesy to avoid using such names.
Of course, since there isn't an official rule we can't expect you to be aware of this, so instead of being punished or reprimanded in any way you've been informed that it's not accepted and asked to change your name with no consequences, at which point you disregarded the provided instructions(not naming yourself after political figures) and do the exact same thing by naming yourself after another notorious figure, at which point a 3 days ban was administered since you didn't seem willing to comply.

The rule in question is 2. Listen to the admins.
In regards to Gerhazo and the original ban I believe that they handled the situation correctly. You had named yourself Adolf Hortler, which is in no subtle way a play on hitler, which we find inappropriate. You were politely informed that we found the name unacceptable and given the opportunity to change it and decided to change it to another name very similar to another dictator who allied with hitler. This was you wasting your warning and so a ban was issued.

In regards to the conduct on discord it is unacceptable and you should not have been spoken to or treated in that manner by our staff. I spoke to the two involved immediately after the incident and steps are being taken to cultivate more professionalism in our staff to player interactions.
(08-01-2019, 02:49 AM)Readster Wrote: In regards to Gerhazo and the original ban I believe that they handled the situation correctly. You had named yourself Adolf Hortler, which is in no subtle way a play on hitler, which we find inappropriate. You were politely informed that we found the name unacceptable and given the opportunity to change it and decided to change it to another name very similar to another dictator who allied with hitler. This was you wasting your warning and so a ban was issued.

In regards to the conduct on discord it is unacceptable and you should not have been spoken to or treated in that manner by our staff. I spoke to the two involved immediately after the incident and steps are being taken to cultivate more professionalism in our staff to player interactions.

is it possible that I get unbanned? username is Esgee#0675
(08-06-2019, 12:11 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: Any unban needs to go through the usual process of posting an appeal.

However, your bad attempts to troll/be edgy mean it's highly likely no-one is willing to give you a second chance.

Never hurts to try though.

well since it seems theres actually zero rules on the discord and getting banned for "intent to troll" or whatever the hell you said is a legitimate reason to ban Id rather stay out of your cotton lined echochamber
This mostly got wrapped up, but I just want to step in and say something real quick:

(08-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Esgee Wrote: well since it seems theres actually zero rules on the discord ...

Just for anyone reading this thread and thinking that this even the tiniest bit true, there are in fact rules for the Discord server. And while it isn't technically part of the Discord rules, the general server rules state

Quote:This is not an exhaustive list. Rules-lawyering is STRONGLY discouraged. If an admin asks you to knock something off, 'well it's not in the rules' is not really an argument.

As for this:

(08-12-2019, 10:09 PM)Esgee Wrote: ... getting banned for "intent to troll" or whatever the hell you said is a legitimate reason to ban ...

There are about 5.9 million reasons to not name yourself after adolf hitler or benito mussolini.