Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SWAT Inspired weapons for Security
Our weekly games of Swat 4 games are wonderful, and seeing some of the toys there on the space station would be wonderful.

Breaking News Developing... A pepperball gun that fires hardened balls of capsaicin, dealing a tiny bit of stamina damage but utterly wrecking anyone without a gas mask. In-game, it's depicted as bursting into a cloud of deliciously incapacitating spiciness, so it might cause a patch of newsmoke (aerosol) on hit?

Breaking News Developing... Door breaching shotgun rounds that break down doors but barely even damage people on the other side, useful for hostage situations on RP or busting into places.

Breaking News Developing... Optical wands for seeing under doors (and getting shot by Joesofok because he thinks you have a gun).

Are there any other real-life pieces of police equipment you feel security should have? Feel free to contribute in the comments.
> Door breaching shotgun rounds that break down doors but barely even damage people on the other side, useful for hostage situations on RP or busting into places.

I really like the idea of an item made for security to breach doors. But I think that in the form of shotgun rounds might not be the way to go about it, I can't really think of a convincing reason why a shotgun round could destroy a door but be relatively harmless to people. Plus, this already does exist in the form of AEX rounds, but those do damage people.

Maybe something more like a draggable machine that is an automated battering ram that knocks 2 or 3 times on a door to destroy it (depending on it's health). It would surely be much less transportable than shotgun rounds. But maybe we could add a pda program or remote that can teleport the battering ram to your location (like the porta brig).
Well there is military designed rounds for breaching doors with a shotgun and they use a special muzzle for it. http://prepforshtf.com/door-breaching-us...situation/
More situationally powerful tools and weapons for Security always sounds wonderful. I like the idea of sublethal weapons that can more easily take care of quickly moving targets, like those capscaicin pellets (and possibly rubber pellets for shotguns that can be more easily made/ordered)

The whole door-breaching thing should definitely be a planted bomb-type thing OR a battering ram. Preferably a battering ram, because that's just comical. Probably should only be usable by people who spawned as Security Officer/HoS - if anyone else tried using it, they'd get a message like "HEY! You don't have a license to handle this, bub, only TRAINED officers can use this!", failing to pick it up.
(07-31-2019, 04:38 PM)aft2001 Wrote: The whole door-breaching thing should definitely be a planted bomb-type thing OR a battering ram. Preferably a battering ram, because that's just comical. Probably should only be usable by people who spawned as Security Officer/HoS - if anyone else tried using it, they'd get a message like "HEY! You don't have a license to handle this, bub, only TRAINED officers can use this!", failing to pick it up.

I really like the idea of a sec battering ram (there are actual police battering rams, after all), but I disagree with making any sec stuff COMPLETELY unusable by other people to the point of being unable to be picked up. I think a more elegant solution would be that non-security take a hit to their movespeed while carrying the heavy ram, and take significantly longer to bust down doors while taking a small amount of brute every swing due to improper use. Still usable by everyone, but has several disincentives to using it when non-sec when there are other quicker, safer means to opening doors.

edit: and trying to swing it at really high brute makes your arms fall off, of course.
Swat hand gesture emotes
That's fair, perhaps the complete unusability is too severe. But yeah, definitely some way to make sure that some greyshirt doesn't steal it and have all-access would be nice - perhaps just the slowed movement and longer busting down times would work, perhaps a stamina drain as well?
I mean any of the swat gear would be in the armory anyway and if a grey suit gets into the armory they deserve whatever shit they steal.