Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Why the syndicate is bad
(07-29-2019, 06:38 PM)jack7d1 Wrote: After decades of sectoral conflict centered around the acquisition of Plasma, the Syndicate – formed from a collection of mafiosos and gangsters and other ne’er-do-wells collectively banding together – appeared over a generation to attempt to corner the plasma mining process across the sector. This represents a point of no return in the ongoing conflict of resources raging across the galaxy. Nanotrasen’s shareholdders stance of ethical exploitation of the stars was seen by many ne’er-do-wells as the beginning of the end to their ability to dominate the stars with their pasma consumption greed. And many organizations as the mecha-mafia, the neo-yakuza, the mega-ms13, the Crip Consign, and the Pirusma declared their intention to band together into one mega organization of crime. Each of these organizations implemented regulations to the importance of plasma in their corporate infrastructure and the ethical harvesting that viewed the galaxy as an ecosystem to inhabit instead of dominate as an existential threat to the Human race.

And in their gluttonous consumption and the suppression of the people that work in these sectors knows no ethical bounds. In writing this I realize that there are certain limitations places upon the free will of mankind under the syndicate thumb. I must be exceedingly careful, prudent, as to what I write, and even more careful and prudent as to how I write it. I may not be able to write all I think; but I am not going to write anything that I do not think. I would rather a thousand times be a free soul in jail than to be a sycophant and coward in maintenance. That all men have paid in all the ages of history for standing erect, and for seeking to pave the way to better conditions for mankind.

It would be a mistake to believe Nanotrasen, which has become a mighty power in this galactic sector, does not need more support. That would be wrong. Nanotrasen need the continuous trust, sympathy and support of fraternal peoples outside our stations, and will always need it. The special quality 

It is the Syndicate who have made the history of this Frontier. It is the few who have had the courage to take their places at the front; who have been true enough to themselves to speak the truth that was in them; who have dared oppose the established order of things; who have espoused the cause of the suffering, struggling space people; who have upheld without regard to personal consequences the cause of freedom and righteousness. It is they, the heroic, self-sacrificing few who have made the history of humanity and who have paved the way from barbarism to civilization. The many prefer to remain upon the popular side. They lack the courage and vision to join a despised minority that stands for a principle; they have not the moral fiber that withstands, endures and finally conquers. They are to be pitied and not treated with contempt for they cannot help their cowardice.

But, thank God, in every age and in every nation there have been the brave and self-reliant few, and they have been sufficient to their historic task; and we, who are here today, are under infinite obligations to them because they suffered, they sacrificed, they went to jail, they had their bones broken upon the wheel, they were burned at the stake and their ashes scattered to the winds by the hands of hate and revenge in their struggle to leave the universe better for us than they found it for themselves. We are under eternal obligations to them because of what they did and what they suffered for us and the only way we can discharge that obligation is by doing the best we can for those who are to come after us. And this is the high purpose of every Syndicate in the Frontier.

Everywhere they are animated by the same lofty principles; everywhere they have the same noble ideals; everywhere they are clasping hands across national boundary lines; everywhere they are calling one another Comrade, the blessed word that springs from the heart of unity and bursts into blossom upon the lips.

The heart of the Syndicate never beats a retreat.
Proposal for the new syndicate motto "Join the syndicate and will give you cool spy tech and free beer"
(08-24-2019, 11:14 AM)polivilas Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 09:46 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: syndies are a terrorist organisation
just because they have (admirable?) goals doesnt mean that theyre not killing people in very brutal ways

even hell was made with good intentions ?

idk, you tell me that its good intentions to kill 50+ people in a nuclear bomb. its literal terrorism. almost reminds me of some of the ira stuff? sure, theyre fighting for a united ireland, but also, like, they killed over almost 1800 civillians fighting for that goal. thats not like, "road to hell is paved with good intentions" or whatever. thats straight up mass murder of civilians in brutal ways. theyre innocent people, just like most people killed in syndicate terrorist attacks, most nt employees are helpless and have no real choice but to work for nt. imagine if you were working as a cashier for walmart, and a paramilitary deathsquad breaks through the doors and starts shooting at the shelves and counters and checkout lanes. theres smoke everywhere, you can hear people scream, and theres explosions because they are here to exterminate you as a show of force against the corporation you work for. you crawl along the floor, trying to stay hidden and make it to the exit. you almost make it out, but one of the armed people shoots you 3 times in the back with a high powered assault rifle. not enough to kill you, but enough to make sure you sit there and bleed to death on the ground, paralyzed from the pain.
the syndicate is a bad organisation. that doesnt make nt a good organistation. theyre both bad.
(08-29-2019, 04:25 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 11:14 AM)polivilas Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 09:46 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote: syndies are a terrorist organisation
just because they have (admirable?) goals doesnt mean that theyre not killing people in very brutal ways

even hell was made with good intentions ?

idk, you tell me that its good intentions to kill 50+ people in a nuclear bomb. its literal terrorism. almost reminds me of some of the ira stuff? sure, theyre fighting for a united ireland, but also, like, they killed over almost 1800 civillians fighting for that goal. thats not like, "road to hell is paved with good intentions" or whatever. thats straight up mass murder of civilians in brutal ways. theyre innocent people, just like most people killed in syndicate terrorist attacks, most nt employees are helpless and have no real choice but to work for nt. imagine if you were working as a cashier for walmart, and a paramilitary deathsquad breaks through the doors and starts shooting at the shelves and counters and checkout lanes. theres smoke everywhere, you can hear people scream, and theres explosions because they are here to exterminate you as a show of force against the corporation you work for. you crawl along the floor, trying to stay hidden and make it to the exit. you almost make it out, but one of the armed people shoots you 3 times in the back with a high powered assault rifle. not enough to kill you, but enough to make sure you sit there and bleed to death on the ground, paralyzed from the pain.  
the syndicate is a bad organisation. that doesnt make nt a good organistation. theyre both bad.

Sounds like a typical day in the US of A
They're here to liberate you from the shackles of capitalism. How they liberate you can be interpreted widely depending on the cell!

Don't worry, after they bomb the station and murder its inhabitants, they will come back twenty years later and make a movie about how killing the inhabitants made their agents very sad.
also this is not to say that i dont agree with people supporting the syndicate in game

im just making a statement about my point of view
im all for people supporting the syndicate in character
its natural to be some degree of sympathetic to a cause that you view as fighting someone whos oppressing you

just that its easier to see that theyre dumb idiot bastards like nt when you arent a character in the universe, yanno?