Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antagonist Idea: Giant Squid
Overview

The Giant Squid is a large creature that spawns on the boarders of the stations Z level. It's slow and unwieldy, but massively powerful and able to take a ton of damage. Once it is at the station, it can easily smash through walls as it lumbers around searching for food. 

The creature has a large central body, and six tentacles that can independently move a certain distance from the body. 

The creature's main method of movement is to use it's tentacles to anchor itself to terrain and pull it's body towards it. In open space, the body can also move by tossing items or firing projectiles to push itself with momentum.

The creature can be controlled by multiple players, each seated at a tentacle and the core body, or even just one by swapping which part is being controlled with the number keys.

Tentacles

Tentacles are anchored to the body and have limited range of movement. Tentacles have their own substantial pool of health separate from the body. If they take enough damage they die and fall off. Their abilities are:
  • Anchor: The tentacle takes hold of the terrain where it's at, allowing the body to move in that direction. The tentacle is unable to perform other actions or move while anchored
  • Grab: The tentacle takes hold of whatever object or person it's able to clasp, including larger things like crates, lockers, or girders
  • Squeeze: If holding a person, the tentacle can squeeze them to drain their stamina and eventually knock them out
  • Bash: The tentacle punts people away, knocking them back a good distance and stunning them
  • Smash: Tentacles smash into the ground, destroying it and exposing tiles to space or the trench
  • Toss: The tentacle is able to throw something it has grabbed
The body

The body is the core of the monster. Killing the body destroys all the tentacles and the creature. It's normally unable to move except towards an anchored limb, though in open space or areas without terrain it can move using momentum. It's abilities are
  • Devour: Eats whatever is in front of its mouth. Tentacles can bring things they've grabbed to the mouth to help this. Devouring people heals the body
  • Ink spray - Fires a stream of ink that creates vision blocking in water, blinds those it hits, and is slick enough to cause tripping. Can be used to create momentum. Light cooldown
  • Bubble Cannon - Fires bubbles that ensnare those hit
  • Heal limb - Send some of the bodies health to a limb to restore it
  • Spawn Squidling: Creates a smaller, faster squid creature that pursue, distract, and annoy 
Summary

I thought the game was lacking a Kaiju style creature, especially one that approaches the station and gives a good reason to use pods and subs to attack it. Having multiple people able to control it I think would give more people the chance to have fun corridinating movement, while also balancing the high degree of power behind it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KN5N1QDaRQ
while this seems like a lot to both code and play as, i like the idea

also, it's me
(07-28-2019, 08:36 AM)WhatATerribleUserName Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KN5N1QDaRQ

This seems like an absurd amount of work.

That said.

I want it now.
This is amazing.

plz coders
Sounds like loads of fun, this would probably be the tipping point for me breaking into a best buy and stealing a laptop so I can play