Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utensil vendor
I can't count the amount of times there has been food in front of me that I couldn't eat, because i can't get the utensils. make it more easily available!
Oughta add utensils to snack vending machines
How about plastic utensils coming with meals?
The plate/cup vendor is usually accessible to barman and public right? Add cutlery to that. Cutlery made from glass/ceramic kinda weird but.
This is such a good idea it's something I've been actually working on spriting myself. Basically I came to the exact same conclusion, chef makes good food but forgets to leave forks/spoons out to eat his good food. Chef, if smart, could leave out spoons and forks but let's be honest, the chef is stereotypically an idiot because he's too busy getting griefed by his own accent so this never ever happens. 
Solution?
Wall mounted vending machine. 
Takes up no room because of this. Spits out forks, spoons and knives, holds 10-15 of each. Could be hacked to produce a limited amount (3?) steak knives, which does the same damage as a normal knife, but the bleed damage of a scalpel, which makes it pretty robust tool and will encourage use of the vendor outside of culinary means. 
Of course because it would use vending code, this would also mean it could be hacked to shoot out utensils. This again opens up another avenue here, where evil mechanics can create the old "death corridors", but this time even more viable because I would imagine a shot knife would be quite dangerous. Basically by doing this, in typical ss13 fashion it would create rather unorthodox uses outside of "just dispensing utensils"
(07-25-2019, 09:28 AM)Sundance Wrote: This is such a good idea it's something I've been actually working on spriting myself. Basically I came to the exact same conclusion, chef makes good food but forgets to leave forks/spoons out to eat his good food. Chef, if smart, could leave out spoons and forks but let's be honest, the chef is stereotypically an idiot because he's too busy getting griefed by his own accent so this never ever happens. 
Solution?
Wall mounted vending machine. 
Takes up no room because of this. Spits out forks, spoons and knives, holds 10-15 of each. Could be hacked to produce a limited amount (3?) steak knives, which does the same damage as a normal knife, but the bleed damage of a scalpel, which makes it pretty robust tool and will encourage use of the vendor outside of culinary means. 
Of course because it would use vending code, this would also mean it could be hacked to shoot out utensils. This again opens up another avenue here, where evil mechanics can create the old "death corridors", but this time even more viable because I would imagine a shot knife would be quite dangerous. Basically by doing this, in typical ss13 fashion it would create rather unorthodox uses outside of "just dispensing utensils"

It should ideally contain plates mugs glasses too. Maybe a teapot???
on a similar note, can we get sporks?

they'd function as both spoons and forks, of course

maybe you could just buy one for a single credit from snack vendors, or just buy them from those fancy utensil vendors someone mentioned making
(07-26-2019, 06:57 AM)aft2001 Wrote: on a similar note, can we get sporks?

they'd function as both spoons and forks, of course

maybe you could just buy one for a single credit from snack vendors, or just buy them from those fancy utensil vendors someone mentioned making

Spork added to the list of To-Do.
Item description:
"Double the function! Twice the inefficiency!"

(07-26-2019, 06:49 AM)salix_catus Wrote: It should ideally contain plates mugs glasses too. Maybe a teapot???

This might step on the toes of  kitchenware recycler, but does anyone really care if it does?
I think plates would only be useful if you could actually put food on them, honestly.
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=12804

patch, adds plastic utensils to snack vendors. please support if this interests you