Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Spacebux ballot stuffing
Everyone loves the map vote, especially when nobody votes. So!

It's time to BYOB -- buy your own ballots.

First, voting in a map vote should reward you with 100 spacebux or so. A token amount, but there as a small reward to encourage people to vote.

Then, ballot stuffing. Spending spacebux to rig the election towards what you want:

If you spend...
10,000: Your vote counts for 2.
100,000: Your vote counts for 3.
1,000,000: Your vote counts for 4.

When you do this, everyone sees something along the lines of medal rewards:
Someplayer40 has spent 100,000 spacebux to rig the election in favor of Oshan Laboratory!

If your choice manages to win by less than the amount of votes you had minus one -- so if you paid 100K to vote x3 and the choice wins by 2 -- , you get a medal for effectively bribing your way to victory.
Someplayer40 has earned the Election Fraud medal.

I would also suggest lengthening the map vote time to 5 minutes, with another chat line at the one minute mark mentioning that polls are closing and giving a readout of the current tally, in addition to broadcasting the final vote totals.

Basically, make map voting a little funnier and give people more dumb shit to blow spacebux on.
I wholeheartedly support this!
DO IT
finally, I can buy atlas some love
Really really love the idea but the prices seem a bit high; I only have 166k spacebux currently saved up. I only know of one player who had accumulated 1m.
I'd gladly dump 10k to get that last vote needed to play atlas again.
(07-23-2019, 12:57 PM)OMJ Wrote: Really really love the idea but the prices seem a bit high; I only have 166k spacebux currently saved up. I only know of one player who had accumulated 1m.

The prices are just initial suggestions, though I wouldn't want them to be too cheap.
10k, 50k, 100k
I reckon calculate it based upon on average station wage. Most rounds have penalties so I reckon it should be 5k, 50k, 250k