Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add the NTSO as a regular job
I think mentors should be able to choose NTSO before round start. Would open up a bit of muscle to the station + act as a HoS lite when one isn’t around. 
It’s fun, non overpowered, and adds a bit of flavor to the station. A role like that shouldn’t just be restricted to late join.

Side note- a “job of the day” pre round start option would be cool too
I feel like if that's added it should be rebranded as a sub-division of Sec. So there's still something special about NT sending in the big guns.
I prefer the NTSO as latejoin only. There's a lot of RP opportunities around the NTSO showing up that are diminished by it being around at round start.
Make it latejoin, but someone has to activate a send for reinforcements button on the bridge for it to appear.
How do NTSO's actually arrive now?

I see them quite a lot but I've never seen it available for myself and I join quite a lot late. Does someone have to do something in game to make the job available?
NTSO are latejoin jobs that only people who can pick HoS can pick. That means they have to either be HoS approved or be a mentor on Friday.
For full context as some people might be not aware:

There exist Nanotrasen Special Operatives and a Nanotrasen Security Operative, funnily both abbreviated as NTSO which causes confusion.

They both wear iconic blue armor, but the Special Operatives carry powerful rifles and are admin-spawned, while the Security Operative exists as a job. The post refers to the Security Operative - similar to other latejoin gimmick special jobs like ambassador, mailman, etc, it's also available as one of them but only for Head of Security whitelisted people(or mentors on fridays by extension since they get access to HoS on that day). Unlike the Special Operative, they only get the cool-looking armor and a Clock pistol(which is extremely weak, probably by design and not in a negative way).

As for the suggestion itself, the idea of a HoS-lite for mentors sounds fun, though with the current idea being that if you see a HoS or NTSO you can trust them to be both competent as a player and a security officer, the division that was made into mentor and HoS being two separate things means that this might not always be satisfied. That being said, we have the friday mentor access for HoS and there haven't really been any issues, as well as the fact that being a mentor means there is some trust placed in you to be a good player, so this might not be a real issue. I'd be interested to see it.
I'd make it open to all mentors, any day of the week. They're officers who can go to space, not HoS with an arsenal of weaponry which can potentially destabilize a round.

I disagree that they should be round start: It kind of sours the idea that they're a form of emergency responder.

Some little idea that might be fun here to make them a little more unique: Upon spawning they receive a list of all players that have been set to arrest (whether in the past or currently) and a copy of the manifest.
I think it should be open to mentors as well. It's an interesting job and it could get some more purple players interested in sec.

NTSO already have manifest access via the pda. The list of everyone on arrest would be neat though!