Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Blob Idea - Absorbed Corpses Talk
Sounds weird in the title, but basically, have it so absorbed corpses get all gummed up and blobified, and the blob can speak to the crew through the corpses. For fun + gimmicks with communication.

You can still get the bodies back if you destroy the blob tile at which point it will no longer be a spooky talking blob zombie but just a gross corpse.

Blob Zombies but not really zombies but also spooky.

Generally I was just trying to think of a way to let blobs talk to the crew for the sake of fun or whatever without literally giving them a radio for no reason.

I imagine this will go down as an ability, similiar to mimic voice for changeling, you just activate it over one of your absorbed corpses, type the message, and they spit it out.
Quote:"Such a beautiful, clear blue sky - just like that day. Do you remember, babe?"
"It was so perfect. Everything was how I'd always dreamt it would be. You planned exquisitely. I'd never felt so in love."
"You even had the band play our song..."
"I feel good, in a special way. I'm in love and it's a sunny day"
"Good day, sunshine. Good day, sunshine"

This is a yes from me, the blob using people for communication? Good Christ that's horrific and I like it...
Hmm... Or using people as drones? Possibly allowing the people it killed to play again, though they should be fairly expensive to make.

Gives the blob a way to keep people in the round and gives it a way to deal with crew in a less direct way.
Playable blob zombies are also an interesting idea but a lot harder to impliment then just having corpses talk I imagine.

Though I also wonder how they could be balanced, perhaps just a high cost on an absorbed corpse to revive them as a zombie? And how would the zombie work? Just someone that can fight?

What if they had to stay inside the blob that absorbed them and can't leave it, and can attack people from inside/ spread very slowly? Something like that, corpses swimming through the inside.
I loved that 001 reference, f191.

ANYWAY! I absolutely love this idea. Instead of skeletons of what used to be a crewmember, they are skeletons... with gelatinous cover! 
The corpse remains gelatinous until it's taken out of a blob tile, when it is taken it has 5 seconds before gelatine falls off and you will be unable to talk with use of a corpse again.
Personally, I think blobs speaking through an ability that makes pretend zombies is fine as is. I don't think it needs to be complicated into an actual blob zombies thing, though I have seen some interesting takes on the idea. (No seriously, I'm not tooting my own horn, I find the the general cultist idea legitimately fine.)

Veseloff's vision of the ability is pretty solid. I'd do the same, but the sprite would be a human-shaped mass of blob with the original person's hair, a deliberately terrible speaking animation with an animated mouth, and slightly off-proportions (e.g. head too small for hair, head slightly too high above shoulders), ideally enough to induce uncanny valley. Or just with the hilarious Exadv1-era, "classic" human sprite.
[Image: obP0BZp.png]
Blob Zombies as an actual living playable thing WOULD be interesting, but that's not really the scope of this suggestion.

This is more just an aesthetic covering of corpses and a way for Blobs to communicate with the crew for the sake of well, whatever the Blob wants. Might make it more interesting.

Basically an ability that makes blobified corpses be speakers for the blob.