Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Traitor Item Suggestion: Syndicate Cyborg Arm
Syndicate Cyborg Arm [7 Telecrystals]

Description: A highly experimental cyborg arm solely meant for human use. It's visibly indistinguishable from a standard cyborg arm, and offers the user an incredible amount of physical strength exceeding any arm on the market. 

This item is something I've been brain storming for a while. The reason I thought it up was because of the Fiber Wire, an item for stealthy kills costing [3 Telecrystals]. While the nature of the item was something I adored, I found its execution to be quite lacking. Although it's able to render the victim completely hapless after about 5-10 seconds of it being used on them, killing is incredibly slow, occasionally loud due to the gasping of the person being strangled, and decently hard to pull off. Meanwhile, the Silenced .22, an item for the exact same cost offers a fairly discreet, albeit bloody solution. Allowing for incredibly quick, fairly stealthy kills. What I wanted to achieve with this item was to combine the interesting concept of the Fiber Wire with the effectiveness of the Silenced .22.

The Syndicate Cyborg Arm is a weapon designed to allow its user the ability to quickly kill a lone target through disabling them and allowing the user to deal a quick finishing blow to the victim. All grabs made with the arm instantly start at an aggressive grab. Upgrading the grab further causes different effects depending on which part of the body is targeted.

Head: When the head is targeted, the victim will begin rapidly taking brute damage as their head is slowly crushed. After 150 brute is reached, the head is completely crushed, killing the victim and creating a loud and decently noticeable crunch.

Urist McToxinMixer begins to squeeze Hjonk's head.

Urist McToxinMixer crushes Hjonk's head. 

Limbs: When a limb such as the arms or legs are targeted, the user will rip the limb off, causing a good amount of brute damage and bleeding while crippling the target Once this happens, the grab will go back to aggressive. 

Urist McToxinMixer rips off Hjonk's left leg and casually drops it at his side.

Chest: Targeting the chest provides a less audible, if slower method of finishing off a target, where the user begins choking out the victim until they fall unconscious. Once the victim goes prone, the grab can be upgraded again, taking 15 seconds to upgrade before the user impales the victim through the heart, causing a massive amount of bleeding and brute damage, creating a small and fairly innocuous squelch.

UristMcToxinMixer grabs Hjonk's throat with a vice-like grip.

UristMcToxinMixer readies a killing blow

UristMcToxinMixer stabs his arm through Hjonk's heart.

Finally, the arm has the ability to cause a decent amount of damage to an opponent should the user be forced to go toe to toe, rending them and causing 15 brute damage and a small amount of bleeding.

UristMcToxinMixer rakes his arm across Hjonk's chest.

UristMcToxinMixer stabs Hjonk in the chest with his arm.
[Image: fD5R7Xj.gif]
This is a very unique yet interesting concept, I love it! As a side-note, I kinda think that this should be job-unique to roboticists, the MD, and the RD, though mechanically that doesn't make much sense - it wouldn't really synergize with any of the special things that those jobs have.

However, this should absolutely be available to Nukies. Perhaps just 1 or 2 on the shuttle, and you can't order more.

Seems as though this could certainly work well as a gene power as well, probably a very-difficult-to-acquire one.

Also, would the arm be a pair of arms or a single arm?
(07-21-2019, 03:41 PM)aft2001 Wrote: This is a very unique yet interesting concept, I love it! As a side-note, I kinda think that this should be job-unique to roboticists, the MD, and the RD, though mechanically that doesn't make much sense - it wouldn't really synergize with any of the special things that those jobs have.

However, this should absolutely be available to Nukies. Perhaps just 1 or 2 on the shuttle, and you can't order more.

Seems as though this could certainly work well as a gene power as well, probably a very-difficult-to-acquire one.

Also, would the arm be a pair of arms or a single arm?

Thank you. I think it would be a single arm that readjusts itself depending on what limb you attach it to. On the topic of synergizing with the the other Roboticist items, I think something more along the lines of upgrading cyborgs via things like unique modules would be more in line. On a final note, I do like the idea of making this a gene power, maybe along the lines of a random arn getting ridiculously strong. Though of course, without proper things stopping this from being easily attainable, it would break balance. Forcing genetics to manually solve it, while making it extraordinarily rare should work to balance it though.
A genetics version could be similar to the spongebob inflatable arm, maybe requiring you to use an ability to activate it (blow up the arm), as I can't really see suddenly getting a cyborg arm as a realistic gene, otherwise I think the ability would be amazing and cool, though I think it'd be fuckin awesome if the cyborg arm was completely red for the perfect MGSV Cosplay :P
Perhaps the arm could have a red and black variant available on the Syndicate shuttle for Nuke Ops. Or, in a possible melee class crate if that ever gets added.