Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Horrific FPS Drops Upon entering a pod/editing byond settings and windows.
Most of these issues only seem to come from my work PC, and that, in of itself is due to the fact my work PC is a 10 year old peice of TRASH... I got some really wacked out massive FPS drops trying to do some things. The first of them is. Space pods.

Pods: Now pods themselves do not cause the interface FPS lag. Getting into them does. When entering the pod, and the client refreshes with the pod UI. Everything just goes to hell. My normal FPS takes a dip down to 2 or 3 and the game becomes completely unplayable. I need to shut the client off and completely reconnect to fix the issue. And I sure as hell can't be in the pod when I do it either.

Byond customization and different options: When trying to say... Stretch or shrink the chat/command box for byond. it causes the same bug. Something with the resizing of the gameplay tiles and refreshing. Again, only way to fix it is restart the game. Also messing with a lot of the settings and graphics options causes the same issue. Changing the framerate from chunky or smooth will leave the game at an obnoxious 2- 4 FPS.

For the record. The computer I have at work is a old Win 7 machine with these specs:
Some old PoS Lenovo Desktop PC.
A 3.6 GHz AMD-A6-5400B built in APU with Radeon HD graphics
16 Gigs of ram (it used to only have 3 but we got sick of that)
Some random Nvidia Geforce 310 we found laying around the house so we can use it for the HDMI port.
I guess no coder is going to be able to figure this one out huh?
(09-24-2019, 11:29 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote: I guess no coder is going to be able to figure this one out huh?

Consider the following: fixing bugs you can't replicate is a lot harder than something you can reliably reproduce