Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Nerf the robustec
I'm always down for more reward for people just doing their jobs/exploring (e.g miners and greyshirts), so relocating the robust-tec to solely be found in research and/or military crates would be pretty nice, or found in randomly generated structures in Z5.
You could always just get rid of it
Demonology 101
(07-19-2019, 08:35 AM)Haprenti Wrote: Move it to a Z5 location
Putting it in military crates would be cool since i assume Z5 has said crates anyway. Worst case with that telescience puts in the efforts to grab and unlock several crates to get it, and in the case RNG frowns on them, they still have a nice repertoire of fancy stuff from said crates.

I am a little biased as I, personally, completely ignore the randomly generated zones unless my goal for the round is to 'explore the random z', since the unreliability and potential lethality of said zones' content makes it too risky of an endeavour to trust the future of a round on. Grabbing crates, however, is comparatively low risk for some moderately good rewards. If I wanted a robusttec, rolled some crates, and didn't get it I'd be okay, but I think anything restricted to Z5 would just become a no-show item, used solely for furthering Z5 exploration and not on-board the station.

(Maybe I'm wrong here? Does anyone frequent Z5 on their traitor rounds?)
Part of hiding it could include a spawn mechanism. The implant wont exist until the mechanism is interacted with in person so you cant just telesci it in
(07-30-2019, 12:02 AM)Prichard Wrote: Part of hiding it could include a spawn mechanism. The implant wont exist until the mechanism is interacted with in person so you cant just telesci it in

you already cant telesci it in, the issue is how shitty the robots protecting it are imo
super easy to just run around them and ignore them as is
You could also just re-add the saw drone that was removed for some reason, and place it inside of the ship instead of outside.

No idea why the saw drone is no longer present.
(07-30-2019, 04:58 AM)Slacker Magician Wrote: You could also just re-add the saw drone that was removed for some reason, and place it inside of the ship instead of outside.

No idea why the saw drone is no longer present.

That was removed? Why?
Yeah add that back in the robusttec room, should make it a little more challening to get it
I really like the Idea of re-adding a saw drone to the area, especially inside, since it could just be lured away if its outside. That would slow down any would be power gamers quite a bit.
That seems like the best option - easy to implement whilst maintaining the desired effect of better balancing the game.
The medbots are pretty dangerous it's just them by themselves are very easy to get around. Adding a single saw drone in there would make it difficult enough I feel.
Move it to the medical room of Ainsley
(07-17-2019, 08:05 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I thought the robusttec was only suppose to work if you are hurt a lot and then it gives you healing chems to keep you from dying?

It's a constant stream of omnizine ending just before the overdose threshold
(08-06-2019, 11:54 PM)AwkwardDryad Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 08:05 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I thought the robusttec was only suppose to work if you are hurt a lot and then it gives you healing chems to keep you from dying?

It's a constant stream of omnizine ending just before the overdose threshold

So you're constantly topped up with omni? I.. don't remember it working like this in the past. I distinctly remember that you get a *beep* when put into crit which brings you out of it and then you are left with a terrible addiction as a counter. Then it's used up, and will not occur again if you go into crit.

Was this changed recently? Perhaps indirectly?

If so, then you don't need this whole hiding business or fortifying its location. You just need to have it work as it originally intended. Which was a pretty good counter for crits, but not unfair. For those wanting a steady steam of X or Y, there are other things (cough, injector belt) that fits the bill.

If anything, make the beep be audible to everyone. That way the traitor who just successfully caved your head in and is just cleaning his hands of you can get a chance to come back while your still vulnerable, rather than you rising from the grave.